WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The current economy is very bad. People are losing their jobs and homes and a lot of people are becoming homeless. If you were homeless which G-Shock would you want to own and wear while living and sleeping on the streets? Which G-Shock is durable enough for everyday use for a homeless person?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
If I don't quit buying them I might be out on the street! :-d If I had to choose... the one I'm most attached to, my DW6100.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Haha...although it's not a G, I would have to say my PRG80-YT. Instead of just begging for change, I could tell people the temperature/barometric pressure/altitude/compass direction for money :-x

·
Registered
972 Posts
dw5600, back to basics . . . .

anything more expensive than that would be tempting to sell for the needed $$$

·
Registered
67 Posts
the dw5600e is more than appropriate. i dont care what you say, but if i saw a homeless with a prg80 i'd think he was more like tom hanks, recreating castaway

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
6,205 Posts
I would choose my most expensive one.
Then i could sell it on the street and get food and shelter for some days.
having a watch is the least concern if being homeless i think. :-(

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
I think if I were homeless I would have far greater things to worry about than what watch I had on my wrist.

I have spent years working with and talking to homeless folks on the streets of Atlanta. I donate time and money to the Atlanta Food Bank and other support groups.

Trust me, for 90% of those folks its a daily survival game. Their watch, or any other such luxury is very low on their list of priorities.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I think if I were homeless I would have far greater things to worry about than what watch I had on my wrist.

I have spent years working with and talking to homeless folks on the streets of Atlanta. I donate time and money to the Atlanta Food Bank and other support groups.

Trust me, for 90% of those folks its a daily survival game. Their watch, or any other such luxury is very low on their list of priorities.
very well put, sir.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
This thread comes from a weird place.

Thread closed.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
@ tribe,

:-! good decision to close this silly, brainless, thread. but don't forget to put the lock on ;-)

regards, holger

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.