WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I'm off to Hong Kong next week, and was hoping to get a few G-shocks out there. Where are the best shops not selling fakes? any advise would be great

cheers

Heres one of my shocks...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Welcome to the site!

Javy's is the premiere G-Shock location in Hong Kong.

There's also a couple small malls I go to near Mong Kok station that each have 4 or 5 shops with lots and lots of G-Shocks. One is the Sino Centre (580 Nathan Road). And the other one is Trendy Zone and it's in Chow Tai Fook Center (580A Nathan Road).

Another good place sometimes for G-Shocks is Mirador Mansion (54-64 Nathan Road, Kowloon). There's a lot of shops carrying Casios, but it's more hit or miss.

There's also a chain of watch stores called City Chain that carry a decent selection. Those are all over Hong Kong, but they all pretty much have the same models.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
nice Brazilian. seems like everyone going to HK and China this summer.
oh, ok !!! now i remembered, the olympics is in Beijing this year.

have fun in HK !!!!!!! and have a safe trip.

·
Registered
283 Posts
From my experience I haven't come across any fakes. What Riley says is pretty much spot on, although I haven't been to Mirador Mansion. Javy's and City Chain are generally more expensive than the local stores but you know your getting genuine G's.

The G's that I have bought are mostly from the local stores. I've only bought a few at Javy's and City Chain.

My best advice is shop around first.

Hope that helps. Happy shopping and enjoy HK!:-!

·
Registered
100 Posts
How long are you staying in HK?

Part of the fun being there, I found, was exploring an unfamiliar city.

In addition to the previous posts, I would recommend checking the following locations:

- Kowloon side
· Nathan Road, around Tsim Sha Tsui
· The arcades located within Nathan Road (usually where the Tailors solicit their wears)
· Lock Road & it's surrounds
· Javy's G-Shock Factory in Mody Road

- Hong Kong Island Side
· In and around the Causeway Bay precinct
· Along Hennessy Road (from Causeway Bay down towards Wan Chi)
· Javy's G-Shock Factory in Sheung Wan

Also, for Cameras and other electronics, I think better deals are found in various 'Computer City' locations (eg. at Wan Chai), than in the tourist centres like Kowloon.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You should definitely visit Sino Centre at 582-592 Nathan Road, Mong Kok, Kowloon. Many Casio shops are located there and you may find models that are not available in City Chain's or Javy's. Just remember to shop around as some stores are selling cheaper than others.

You may simply get off at the MTR (subway) station in Mong Kok, exit at E2. An 8-10 minutes walk on Nathan Road and you'll be there. Just ask for directions if you can't find it.

Good luck and have fun~~~

Oh BTW, don't forget to bargain with them since they'll set the price high for tourists!!!

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
You should definitely visit Sino Centre at 582-592 Nathan Road, Mong Kok, Kowloon. Many Casio shops are located there and you may find models that are not available in City Chain's or Javy's. Just remember to shop around as some stores are selling cheaper than others.

You may simply get off at the MTR (subway) station in Mong Kok, exit at E2. An 8-10 minutes walk on Nathan Road and you'll be there. Just ask for directions if you can't find it.

Good luck and have fun~~~

Oh BTW, don't forget to bargain with them since they'll set the price high for tourists!!!
Yes, in there more than 10 shops in two buildings selling a wide range of G's from vintage to the latest models. Enjoy your trip in Hong Kong.

BTW, is your camo frog the Addict version?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi all,

Thought would like to share with you how the G-Factory retail front look like at Tsim Sha Tsui East (opposite Shangri-La Hotel). Took this picture a year ago when I was there (unfortunately they didn't allow picture taking inside the store :-s) Greatest collection i have ever seen!...it is a "must go" attraction for all G-lovers who are visiting HKG...definitely an eye opener....:p Enjoy...

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, in there more than 10 shops in two buildings selling a wide range of G's from vintage to the latest models. Enjoy your trip in Hong Kong.

BTW, is your camo frog the Addict version?
Yeah its the Addict Frog

HK was cool bought a cool old school looking g-lide bright red will post up a pic soon

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Is it just me, or does the case and band of that G appear to have a bit of a red tint? That is bright! :-! And, I like the display as well. If only I had water with a tide near me.... b-):-d

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Hi

I'm off to Hong Kong next week, and was hoping to get a few G-shocks out there. Where are the best shops not selling fakes? any advise would be great

cheers

Heres one of my shocks...
Very nice FROG!!!! One of my favorites!!!!!|>|>|>|>|>|>

1 - 16 of 16 Posts