WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am wondering if you guys have been tempted to wear your g-shock to occasions that required you to wear something rather serious.
Obvious one would not be as bold as to wear a g-shock to a white tie event, but what about an event with a smart casual, or even an international business attire dress code?
In your opinion, what do you think might actually work?

at this moment, I am thinking this:
gshock-black-gold-watches-5-405x540.jpg

or perhaps this:
GW-A1000-1A.jpg

but even these are pushing it a little in my opinion.... what do you think?:think:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I even find wearing g-shock with shirt a bit adventurous
Whenever I have a meeting or something of the sort, and need to put on a shirt with a sport jacket or a blazer, I always find myself picking up a dress watch rather than a g-shock.
This is rather unfortunate, because I like wearing my g-shock more nowadays...

·
Registered
186 Posts
What's the model no. of second one???

edit: got it casio g-shock gw-a1000-1a

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry I should have given the model number

after watching this clip with a guy wearing the gw-a1000, I am having second thought about wearing it with a shirt..

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Not that I would do it, but the only G I have that I could even consider to use in a more formal situation would be my G-7800-1DR.
I have some MUCH more formal autos to choose from that would be better suited for the role - it's just a matter of the right tool for the right job.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I have been wearing my GW-5000 to work where dress is businees attire and it is fine so long as the shoes are not the more formal looking ones. I think the A1000 might be too big to fit under a cuff. I don't really think anyone cares. But let's face it, a dress analog does look better. Also any of the MRG analogs like 120 will look fine, a bit think, but they look pretty good.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346848443.759351.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346848466.204696.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346848497.417622.jpg

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was kind of hoping that there will be lots of keened g-shockers making the case for g-shock + shirt, unfortunately my feeling of g-shock + shirt = no is only getting reinforced ;)
I thought GW-M5600BC suggested by d2mac might actually go well with some smart casual look though
I could see myself strapping on a colourful
5600 such as this
casio-gshock-parra-dw5600-watch-0.jpg
with this
image1xl.jpg

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
To the OP, an emphatic neither.
A Geiz is pushing it acceptable in some environments, like a call centre or smaller, more informal office.
A Carbon 5600 if it's a sales event or formal meeting for something like a Bicycle manufacturer or sporting goods store.
But for standard business dress, it tends to make you look a bit clueless or bolshy.
Just buy a dressy quartz Seiko.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Business Casual I like the MTG-1500

More formal, I go for the basic black square

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
If I look at some jacket/shirt/tie/shoe combinations of so-called business men, I couldn't care less what others think about my watch. I've never subscribed to that "rule" that a watch worn with a suit has to be analog. Okay, I probably wouldn't wear my beloved olive G-7900 with occasional clothes either, but no one in this world can convince me, that - a simple DW-5600 for instance - wouldn't fit to a suit. Personally I'd chose my G-7800/G-8000 hybrid any time.

cheers

1 - 20 of 57 Posts