WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have this G-cool with an Open Message and all the key buttons are blocked, I took out the battery and SUN appeared on the screen, I touched a couple of times the mode button and the OPEN message came out again, does anybody knows how to fix this?

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
just put battery back in and then touch ac with small screwdriver and then another on battery and make sure two screwdrivers are touch each other as upside down V to reset the watch.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Ron is probably right, but I've heard the 'open' messege can be to tell you the back isn't on properly. If shorting the battery doesn't work, check you haven't lost one of the springs, or that any contacts that should be touching the watch-back are actually making contact.

If it's showing 'open' while the back is off - that might be normal.

·
G-Shock Mod
14,036 Posts
there are 2 small springs that create a shot on the caseback, so that the module "knows" if the caseback is opened or not

if the 2 springs are missing or misaligned with the contact (caseback installed top side bottom, then the contact is lost and the watch will think the caseback is still opened

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Ron wants you to do this:

Pics courtesy of the walk-thru that Sjors wrote here (you should read it before perforoming any steps).

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
You are welcome and most the time I'll get an either not running and then change battery and screw up it just need to reset it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It seems to be fixed, thanks very much ron281969
Would you mind email me with picture where is the AC button please ? [email protected]

Thank you so much 😊

Top right corner, I can just see AC on the cage. The contact point will be the one just above it 👍
Top right corner, I can just see AC on the cage. The contact point will be the one just above it 👍
Thank you and I found it 😊😊🙏🙏🙏

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
:cry::cry::cry: As soon as I closed the cover and setback to open again
I'm not sure what causes the Open message, but I can see you don't have an alarm spring in the module.

Maybe that's the issue?

Either that or if there are any metal prongs they're not sticking up enough to contact the backplate?

I can see one at the bottom of the module. Leave the two that point downwards though, they are for some sort of circuit board contact.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have 2 little springs on hand but not sure where to put it back. Would you mind tell me where about in module I can put it back please?

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
I have 2 little springs on hand but not sure where to put it back. Would you mind tell me where about in module I can put it back please?
No problem...

So I've cropped your photo a bit to show it a bit closer.

Firstly the alarm spring will have a straight section that sticks out slightly at one end, this is the end that goes into the module.

It goes into the hole you see directly under the battery in the photo, to the left of the battery clip. The hole has a cut out section, this enables you to insert the straight ended spring in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No problem...

So I've cropped your photo a bit to show it a bit closer.

Firstly the alarm spring will have a straight section that sticks out slightly at one end, this is the end that goes into the module.

It goes into the hole you see directly under the battery in the photo, to the left of the battery clip. The hole has a cut out section, this enables you to insert the straight ended spring in.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
🇨🇦🇨🇦 It's all fixed now and thank you soooo very much 🙏🙏🙏 You are the angel 👼👼
Because forgot about the 2 springs and wasn't sure where to insert them but now is all done. 🙏🙏❤❤

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
It's all fixed now and thank you soooo very much You are the angel
Because forgot about the 2 springs and wasn't sure where to insert them but now is all done.
Nice!

I'm glad to have been a help

1 - 19 of 19 Posts