WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I almost sold my dawn black Frogman to cover some bills and I'm glad I didn't. Ever since I got the GF8250 and modded it black, I realized what a beauty my dawn black Frogman really is. I would have definitely regretted big time if I sold it.....Anyways, this made me want to create a thread WUS sellers regret sellingo| or a special Gshock that you would never sellb-).

Mine is the Frogman.

Wrist Watch Hand Photography Auto part

Wrist Hand Watch Finger Arm

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
That's a Dawn Black, not a Glorious Gold... I actually had a Dawn Black, which I sold and later felt kind of bad about, but I am over it now. I also sold an Ocean Grey 5025, which I felt REALLY bad about, so much so that I ended up buying another one to replace it. I just received it today. Will be keeping it this time around!

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the correction! Thats a nice G. Wear it in good health!

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
I definitely regret selling my blue GL-7500 - it was BNIB and actually the last one I ever saw on ebay (BNIB at least). They were all gone after that. I might try to buy it back however.
The one I'd never sell - difficult - probably my GW-6900-9 as it was a gift from my wife, but I'd also never sell any of my G-8000s or my Spike Lee as I bought it just after my wedding.

cheers, Sedi :)

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I'd be loath to part with most of mine. Still holding out a small hope of procreating one day, whence I'll be sure to bequeath my collection to my progeny. Particularly fond of the screwback g-shocks (especially the 1988 5600C, as well as the recent GW-5000, and various smaller frogs).

Will possibly sell the 'Brazilian' Addict Frogman if someone makes me a very tempting offer, but that's mainly because I don't have big enough wrists for it and it seems a shame to have such a great looking watch just sat in a box for years.

Absolutely delighted that I picked up a matte black Mudman 9010 before they price went sky high on those. Totally sure I will never sell that in a million years.

Sent from my Derren Brown using a mixture of magic, suggestion, psychology, misdirection, and showmanship.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Regret selling the King! What a mistake, but I have a black and gold one in the mail so all will be right in the world.....eventually!

Watch Wrist Hand Geology Technology

Reactions: dynosaur

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I had a 5600C that the resin had rotted off. I had it velcroed to my motorcycle triple tree and forgot to remove it when I sold the bike. Now that you can buy replacement resin I wish I still had it.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I sold

gw225a
gw225c
gw225e
gw204
gw205
gw206
gw200tc-4
gw200tc-3

All brand new condition.

And thats just the Frogman models I had.

Was ok with it at the time as I completely lost interest, now that I am back collecting, its absolutely gut wrenching to think of what I used to have and how I now have to pay an arm and a leg for if I want them again, thats if I can get hold of them that is.

I will never sell the ones I have now if I loose interest I will simply put them away under the bed, either until i want to wear them again or keep them for my son.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I regret selling my DW-5000SL. I thought so, it´s a screwback, what the hell... and kept on wearing my DW 5600E. By now i miss teh hefty feel and bought a classic DW-5600C, but being the classic it is i rarely wear it (Strange, not wearing a G because you are afraid to bump it into something...). On tiops,being used to the buttons on my DW 5600, i need to thinka bout the light butoon too often. so i whish i still had th SL. I´d stuff a clean 1545 into it and could wear it happily. They seemed to dissapear (at least for nice priced ones) right after i sold mine and changed my mind. So i will have to keep looking.

BTW, the SL is with JohnnyBlaze right now and i know it´s in good hands, so i have no worries about the watch itself, i am just jealous ;-)

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
lowtech: I got my DW-5000SL for $120 on ebay just a couple weeks ago. I was the one and only bidder. I don't know why no one else bid--it was brand new! So there are still some good deals to be found. I also got my new Ocean Grey DW-5025 (like new condition, no flaws or discoloration) for $108 (quick buy it now). The seller had listed it as a G-lide, but I could tell from the photo that it was in fact an Ocean Grey (5000 screwback with the mirror LCD) so I snapped it up. I've been checking newly listed auctions a lot lately to find deals like this. Some people just don't know what they have.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Any chance you send it to me for my 5600?! Just kidding - i have not found a good deal in the last weeks, partially because i tend not to look too hard as my girlfriend is giving me looks when browsing eBay for watches (or bike parts...) I need to check my collection for keepers and flippers and collect some watchmoney.

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
I regret selling my DW-6600 without G. I do not have my original one from 1994, but picked one up a few years back as a sentimental piece. I then sold it off in a huge flip session, lol. Cheap to replace yes, but I need to find the one that says electro luminescence rather than illuminator. Since my first said the former.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Would never sell my G-2110, or if I did, I would buy another similar G. The storage of phone numbers/addresses is very useful, as is the day countdown. Never forget somebody's birthday as it flashes 'day' when it reaches that day.

Would also never sell my orange GX-56 as it's faded and dirtied in all the right places. Love it the way it is. Quite like how you can display another city's time on the main screen too.

Edit: I really regret placing my first G-Shock (G-9000-1V) on the roof of a car. Just finished some spearfishing/freediving and was getting out of my wetsuit took off the watch (stupidly, don't normally/anymore) and placed it on the roof of my conveniently located car. About 15 mins later, I realised and felt devastated. Went back and couldn't find it. Hopefully someone found it, want someone to make use of it.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts