WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello again. I own a G1000-H and I have to say it's one of my favorite G-Shocks, but it's got the worst lume out of any watch I've ever had, it lasts a mere 5-10 minutes. So I'd like to repaint the lume markers and hands on it, but I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing. As such I have many questions. :-d

What is the best kind of lume paint out there and where can I buy it?
How does the painting process work? Do I have to remove the hands when painting them(I have no tool for removing them)?
How would I go about applying the paint? Obviously it has to be done carefully and tediously, which I'm more than prepared to do :)
Does anyone know how to remove the glass from the G1000-H so I can get to the actual face?

Sorry about all of the questions, I've never done this before and I searched the forums but couldn't find a walk through/tutorial, maybe I just don't know what to search for. Anyway he's a lume shot of my G1000-H immeadiately after removing a light source :)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump :)

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
I have a G1000H also and love it. It reminds me of the MRG a very expensive G with what looks like the same amount of lume. Since the hour markers are small I don't think you will be able to get much lume on them the hands will take the paint. I have read some lume threads. Try and search in the Seiko forum. The paint can be bought and it is 2 parts that mix together. I don't think you will have to worry about the crystal as it should all come out from the back. the hands are very thin and you have to be careful not to bend them.

Casio sucks in the lume department. One of the reason I got into Seiko's. My Orange Monster has some of the best lume on the market. Since you only have Casio's in your sig maybe you should jump on over the the Seiko forum or Dive watch. There have been many many happy G Shock owners that have made the trip. ;-) :)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since you only have Casio's in your sig maybe you should jump on over the the Seiko forum or Dive watch. There have been many many happy G Shock owners that have made the trip. ;-) :)
I've been seeing a Black Monster in my future recently :)

·
Registered
817 Posts
Check out Angelo's youtube vid: YouTube - How to relume

He's one of the masters of "G" modding and has been doing it for a while!

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Check out Angelo's youtube vid: YouTube - How to relume

He's one of the masters of "G" modding and has been doing it for a while!
Thanks for this link, Chris. I've never seen anybody do this before. It doesn't look all that hard... and yet, watch servicing places will charge you serious $$ to do this. Personally, I didn't see any reason to take off the hands. Just slide some thin plastic underneath them to keep the dial clean and apply with them on the watch. For the hour markers, I'd do the whole bar instead of those two dots. I wonder if there's some really good quality super lume that can be easily acquired for this.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all of the tips! I'll have to check that website out :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts