WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some thoughts on which is a better watch, the G1000 or GW2500?

I live in Northern Virginia and have had problems with atomic synching on other watches, so I can take it or leave it. I do travel frequently and use multiple time zones.

thanks!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Here is a side-by-side comparison:
Code:
         | G-1000H |  GW-2500
---------+---------+----------------------
solar    | NO      | YES
atomic   | NO      | YES
color    | black   | black or black+steel
band     | resin   | resin or metal
ana/digi | analog  | ana+digi
The G-1000H-1 only comes in black, but other G-1000 variants come in steel, red, white...

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Here is a side-by-side comparison:
Code:
         | G-1000H |  GW-2500
---------+---------+----------------------
solar    | NO      | YES
atomic   | NO      | YES
color    | black   | black or black+steel
band     | resin   | resin or metal
ana/digi | analog  | ana+digi
The G-1000H-1 only comes in black, but other G-1000 variants come in steel, red, white...
Couple of things missing here. First the G1000H just looks great. I have a G Shock bible and my G1000H always reminds me of the MRG :-! Price, the G1000H is less than half the price and setting the time if it gets off is not a big deal. Batteries are cheap ;-)

The G1000H is the best looking b-)b-)

·
Registered
7,035 Posts

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
6,655 Posts
Im a big fan of atomic sync.
It works flawless for me.
For a collector its a dream. Randomly pick one of your atomics and have always the correct time. b-)

But if you cant receive the signal, the G-1000 might be the better choice.

The power consumption of the analog Gs is rather high.
The solar feature is nice to have, otherwise you will change the battery every 2 years...... :think:

Anyhow, in the price advantage there are 10 battery changes included..... :-d

I also like the look of the G1000 more. :-!

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Hi,
can't say anything negative about the GW-2500B:

So far it synced flawlessly every time but that's hardly a big thing living about two hours away from the transmitter. A disadvantage over other atomic Gs is that you can't turn off the atomic sync. It's better to turn it off if you can't get a signal to save power. I like it quite a lot but if you don't need atomic reception anyway then just choose what you like best.

Greetings, Sedi :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
uplink - I own the GW2500-1A and I live in MD, just north of the DC Beltway.

I just got the watch a little over a week ago and though I had problems syncing initially, the last 3 nights went fine. I am unsure if it is position or whatnot but it can sync from this far out.

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
I use to live in Northern Virginia as well. When I did, my atomic casio's would only sync if they sat in one particular place in my bedroom and facing in a particular way. Weird, I know, but it happened with a wide range of models.

Riseman, 5600J, GWM5600, Giez, MTG-1500, etc etc etc.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
uplink - I own the GW2500-1A and I live in MD, just north of the DC Beltway.

I just got the watch a little over a week ago and though I had problems syncing initially, the last 3 nights went fine. I am unsure if it is position or whatnot but it can sync from this far out.
Great insight. I too had problems synching, one of my watches, several days ago and for the pass several nights have been good. I think it was caused by weather in the midwest or colorado (my thoughts).

Also, were you the one who saw a G2000 at a mall in maryland. If so, can you tell me what mall?

Thanks!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I use to live in Northern Virginia as well. When I did, my atomic casio's would only sync if they sat in one particular place in my bedroom and facing in a particular way. Weird, I know, but it happened with a wide range of models.

Riseman, 5600J, GWM5600, Giez, MTG-1500, etc etc etc.
Yes, know that feeling. Same issue, seems like only one room in my house works. In fact only places I have had successful luck with synching is in my kitchen, at Bethany Beach, and the Denver airport. Not much luck in other cities, especially San Diego, Honolulu, and other places. Interesting to see what places synch and what places don't.

Thanks to everyone for the insight.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts