WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Hey Rocat!
I wanted to loink to that thread, too, though only to show another way to dull the bright bezel.

Pic repost:

The metal tab connects the bezel ring with the caseback to route away static electricity.

·
Premium Member
13,982 Posts
The metal tab connects the bezel ring with the caseback to route away static electricity.
Thanks.
Is it so the static will flow to the resin case to be grounded by our body? It seems to me (I'm not an engineer) that resin would not be a good conductor of electricity, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. The blingy-ness was the reason I didn't purchase it sooner. And the pic that lowtech just posted is why I bought it.
As for the details regarding the mod, I will ask my bro tonight. However, i already scratched a little of the paint off with my fingernail trying to get something out that was stuck between the bezel and crystal. We may have to find another technique so the paint sticks better.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Thanks.
Is it so the static will flow to the resin case to be grounded by our body? It seems to me (I'm not an engineer) that resin would not be a good conductor of electricity, but I could be wrong.
The tab connects to a spring which makes then contact to teh caseback - So I guess there is a small hole through the casing. The electricity is conducted through the body via the backplate and spring.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, there is one (a little spring) on the AWG101. It's so small, that I couldn't get it back in and lost it. I just put it back together without it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts