WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this form and am looking for some help. I'm looking at buying a Zenith G381 (The original, not the re-issue) am seeing it in person next week. I've got a few vintage watches so no newbie to the game but this will be my first Zenith. Could you guys help me with some useful links and tips of what to look for in this particular model?

Particularly interested in what the dial (Or dials if there were variants) looked like at release so I can compare them and some sort of serial number references to make those checks.

Any help much appreciated. Happy to post a picture of it as well if that can help.

Cheers!

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,154 Posts
Welcome to Watchuseek! As far as I can tell from these two links:

...the old and new versions are near identical. About the only difference is that the word "TACHYMETRE" in the new version is a little bigger, i.e. the letters are taller. Other than that, the old version should, of course, have a star on the crown (square logo crowns are replacements) and a Cal. 3019 PHC with 31 jewels (if the rotor states "17 jewels", it is a replacement from a Movado watch; if the movement really does have only 17 jewels, the entire movement is a replacement!).

Hartmut Richter

1 - 2 of 2 Posts