WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I've just bought my first g-shock - yay! After a ridiculous amount of research, I'd narrowed it down to the gd350-8 as first choice and the g7710 as a close second. A good deal on a 7710 came up so I ended up with that.

Here's my question, can you set the alarm on the 7700/7710 for a particular date? I know you can select once,daily, wkday, wkend and snz, but I had assumed that you could set the 'once' alarm for a particular date like you can on the dw5600/6900/9052 etc. I can't seem to do this, which is a bit of a pain because the alarm functionality was one of the things the 7710 had over the gd350.

Any help appreciated!
Cheers!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So it seems the 'once' alarm is not the same as a 'date' alarm. It's basically an alarm that is turned off as soon as it goes off - right?
Are there any other watches with more than one 'proper' multifunctional alarm? I think the g7900 does, any others?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks rocat!
I'd inferred from the alarm table on pg 3 that 'once on the specified date' meant you could specify the date! Oh well, it is not the end of the world!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts