WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post on this site. I joined very recently after I gained an interest in G-Shocks and reading hundreds of posts helped me land on the G7710 as my first G.

Long story short, I wish to change the band on my G. The resin band can get very sweaty down here in Texas and I think a NATO or zulu would look awesome. After doing some research I realized I am in need of some specific strap adapters in order to do this, the ones on the G7710CL model. Does anyone know of a place that still has these available? If you have had luck finding these parts around your area, what kind of store had them in stock? I've contacted Casio and they said they do not have any info on parts that they do not manufacture. There aren't many Casio retailers in San Antonio so I'm not having any luck here. I can't even find the 7710CL model on the internet anywhere.

I did see a previous post from years ago that showed adapters and a NATO-like strap on a 7700, which is exactly what I am going for.

If anyone on this forum knows where I can obtain these adapters please let me know. I would be willing to pay retail price/shipping/a little extra if anyone can get their hands on them for me.

thanks

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Welcome to WUS -- and I wish I had some better news for you!

There really aren't that many places that sell Casio parts -- on Casio's US "Buy Parts" webpage they list PacParts and American Perfit.

Pacparts has a GREAT database of probably every part Casio ever made available to them, sorted by model number. Here's the page for the G-7710CL: Casio G7710CL-3 Parts and Accessories

Unfortunately, they don't have the parts, and "discontinued" means they can't order them from Casio either.

To make things even more complicated, they show two different adapters -- which they list as "Cover/End Piece (__H)" -- and they're different. I've only seen a handful of G-Shock models that have that asymmetrical strap where the piece that fits at the 12 o' clock side isn't the same shape as the piece that fits on the 6 o' clock side.

These aren't the sort of parts that most Casio dealers are likely to have just laying around, which means that you're probably going to have a hard time finding them. You might keep your eyes on eBay for a used 7710CL, or another long shot might be tiktox.com in the UK.

We have one member here (who goes by "Keoni") who is designing and producing 3D printed adapters for several other G-Shock models. If these particular adapters were symmetrical it would be less complicated to design them, and if it were a more popular model he might consider it -- unfortunately he has (apparently) decided not to design adapters for the popular (but now out of production) GX-56 "KIng" model. Here's the thread talking about his his line of adapters -- it's POSSIBLE that he might do a "one off" or custom order: https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/shapeways-gshock-strap-adapters-anyone-tried-them-974579.html

·
Registered
358 Posts
This is my first post on this site. I joined very recently after I gained an interest in G-Shocks and reading hundreds of posts helped me land on the G7710 as my first G.

Long story short, I wish to change the band on my G. The resin band can get very sweaty down here in Texas and I think a NATO or zulu would look awesome. After doing some research I realized I am in need of some specific strap adapters in order to do this, the ones on the G7710CL model. Does anyone know of a place that still has these available? If you have had luck finding these parts around your area, what kind of store had them in stock? I've contacted Casio and they said they do not have any info on parts that they do not manufacture. There aren't many Casio retailers in San Antonio so I'm not having any luck here. I can't even find the 7710CL model on the internet anywhere.

I did see a previous post from years ago that showed adapters and a NATO-like strap on a 7700, which is exactly what I am going for.

If anyone on this forum knows where I can obtain these adapters please let me know. I would be willing to pay retail price/shipping/a little extra if anyone can get their hands on them for me.

thanks
The band on G-7710 is 16mm size. Maybe, a regular strap adapter will fit. They are available at ebay.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
looks like a regular strap adapter will fit / preferably from the 2300 line as the watch face is rounded as to make it look good, but the other one avail. at ebay is just fine

·
Registered
358 Posts
looks like a regular strap adapter will fit / preferably from the 2300 line as the watch face is rounded as to make it look good, but the other one avail. at ebay is just fine
Maybe the rounded one is better. On the forum link that I provided, one of the contention of a member is about the rounded adapter of the g-7710.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
I found a thread earlier where Sedi posted pictures of the back of the strap package, showing the 25.5mm/16mm strap ends: https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/happy-owners-g-7700-g-7710-please-stand-up-136070-12.html#post6729245

That also made me think that it LOOKS LIKE the normal strap adapters MIGHT physically fit -- but as I pointed out above, PacParts showed two different adapter pieces, one for the 12 o'clock end of the watch body and one for 6 o'clock.

Are the strap ends only slightly different, as in the case of the GW-5600J, and "normal" adapters might fit with a little cutting/filing/modification, or are they wildly different like the ends of the MTG-900/GW-500 series?

If they're only slightly different it would be great news for the OP, but if they are in fact as different as the MTG and GW models there could be a problem.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the thorough replies y'all. I decided to bite the bullet and get a set from that ebay listing. If that doesn't work and I get really desperate, maybe try a set of the Suppa adapters? With all this money I could drop trying to modify this thing I could get another G o|

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
thanks for the thorough replies y'all. I decided to bite the bullet and get a set from that ebay listing. If that doesn't work and I get really desperate, maybe try a set of the Suppa adapters? With all this money I could drop trying to modify this thing I could get another G o|
1) If you haven't ordered them yet, and already have a Zulu or NATO-type strap, you can order JUST the adapters from quite a few other sources for as little as $4.04 per pair: PacParts: Casio 74243710

There are quite a few companies reselling Casio's own adapters and that eBay listing is just one of them!

2) If the adapters from eBay don't work, Suppa adapters aren't going to help -- Suppa adapters are made of steel but they're designed to fit the same G-Shock models that Casio's own adapters do. The "business end" that fits into the watch is more or less the same shape, so if the plastic version won't fit then the stainless version won't either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts