WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there's two white versions. The red-display one looks a little more like cream:

and the darker-display one looks more like *white* :

Those both look like stock photos from the same company, so is one really whiter than the other? Because I like the red display, but I want the *white* case. It seems to be a little harder to get, too. Kenmar wants more for the *white* one than for the less white one, and there's only one *white* one on the 'bay and a bunch of eggshell ones (the *white* one is also $20 less than what kenmar wants |>)

But if it's just a lighting issue and they're both *white* I'll jump all over the red-display one.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm not sure about this..

I did a bit of Googling on this watch, and I've found descriptions that say "white" but have a stock photo of the 'off' white. However, on Amazon, the description says "off white" with the matching photo.

I haven't found a stock photo that looks truly white. I would think that the "off white" is the true color of the watch, and the secod photo in your post is just bad lighting.

I found this photo showing the different colors available:

http://wealthyelites.blogspot.com/2007/06/g8100-7-casio-g-shock-dual-illumanator.htmlhttp://bp2.blogger.com/_qs9aNr_cUo0/RoJHy4lPytI/AAAAAAAAAIc/8a4aOMaXjXc/s1600/GSHOCK%2BWATCH.jpg

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I've seen the version with the reverse display, up close, its closer to 'pearl white'. Almost bought it, but changed my mind as it would only be worn on weekends, and I have a few Gs that need to be worn.....

Its a nice chunky G....

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm... Well I'm sure they'll be around for a while. I think i'll wait until I can see one in person and be sure it's going to be *white*

And I think I want to hold out for that white/black stormtrooper one.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Has anyone else had luck finding this watch (g-8100a-7) besides at krazys ebay store? Reason being is I fear that shipping from Singapore to Hawai`i will be fairly expensive -- probably half the cost of the watch itself.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Has anyone else had luck finding this watch (g-8100a-7) besides at krazys ebay store? Reason being is I fear that shipping from Singapore to Hawai`i will be fairly expensive -- probably half the cost of the watch itself.
according to the listing,

US $15.00
Standard Flat Rate Shipping Service
Service to United States

:-!

·
Registered
13,284 Posts
I saw this in the supermarket earlier. It's an off white, cream colour.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts