WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get a green G9000 and I only see them with negative displays. My question is, How legible is the negative display?

·
Registered
5,784 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike K, That's a shame. I really like the green 9000. I have the basic 9000 which I love. The only negative display is a 9052 which is just OK.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
There's also the all black G9000MS, which the color of the digits (reddish) is a little different from the green version (clear). But keep in mind, even with positive display the G9000's digits are small to read for most. So by having negative display, it will be even hard to read. That's the reason keep me from getting a negative version.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Thanks Mike K, That's a shame. I really like the green 9000. I have the basic 9000 which I love. The only negative display is a 9052 which is just OK.
From everything I've seen here, the G-9000 negative legibility is "just okay" as well, not "one of Casio's best negatives!" as some of those other models.

If you really like the green color, you could always spend $40 on a green strap and bezel (which includes the Mudman's "button covers") and install them on your "basic" 9000: Casio G9000-3V Parts and Accessories

That's just a matter of removing six screws and doesn't require opening the module at all. :)

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info but I already bit the bullet and ordered one brand new from Singapore for $65.35 which I thought was a good price. I'll have one each now.
I just looked at my 9052 and I think the screen and digits are bigger on the 9000.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts