WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new and this is my first post.

After reading a lot of discussions on this forum finally this morning I have ordered my first G-Shock, a mudman G-9000 with negative display.
I hope to receive it during next week. The idea is to use this watch during mountain biking riding.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
G9000 is ideal for all sorts of activities involving dirt, you won't be disappointed, however i'm not sure about the negative display.

After reading a lot of discussions on this forum finally this morning I have ordered my first G-Shock, a mudman G-9000 with negative display.
I hope to receive it during next week. The idea is to use this watch during mountain biking riding.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
G9000 is ideal for all sorts of activities involving dirt, you won't be disappointed, however i'm not sure about the negative display.
thanks for your input.
really I was in doubt between positive or negative display but at the end I have chosen only for a cosmetic factor. I liked the negative display.

·
Registered
385 Posts

I like the watch, however I don't like the display at certain lighting situations. I don't know that I would like to be reading the time on a bike. I would have gone positive for sure.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Good, solid G for your first. I remember when Casio announced the new G9000 as the new Mudman - I jumped on a pre-order straight from Japan. I had that G for a few years and it was always the go-to for rugged, outdoor activities.

As for the negative display, I agree, it looks way cooler. A lot of opinions either way on this topic. Sure, they're a little harder to read and may, in certain circumstances, require you to use the backlight, but negative displays just look so good.

Anyway, sorry for waxing nostalgic there. Welcome aboard and let us know when you get your next G in a couple of weeks!

·
Registered
496 Posts
I had a G9000 and flipped it. It is the one G I've sold (and I've flipped many) that I miss the most. Excellent size and presence, great features. I would go nuts if Casio made a G with the body of the G9000 but also gave it solar and atomic features!

·
Registered
385 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
No that is not the same body and display of the G9000. It is close (I had one of these, and flipped it) but the display layout killed it for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I like the watch, however I don't like the display at certain lighting situations. I don't know that I would like to be reading the time on a bike. I would have gone positive for sure.
Thanks for your picture. It is really nice.

well the mudman choice was mainly for 3 reasons:
- during mountain biking you are exposed to dust, rain and sometimes mud, so a complete isolated watch seems to me a good start.
- when downhill you need to move your body, your arms and your wrist, so from what I have read the G-9000 is one of the smallest G series and I suppose maybe more comfortable during riding.
- it is a G-shock and should not have an easy outdoor life

The negative display was chosen only because is cool. I hope not to be wrong with that decision

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good, solid G for your first. I remember when Casio announced the new G9000 as the new Mudman - I jumped on a pre-order straight from Japan. I had that G for a few years and it was always the go-to for rugged, outdoor activities.

As for the negative display, I agree, it looks way cooler. A lot of opinions either way on this topic. Sure, they're a little harder to read and may, in certain circumstances, require you to use the backlight, but negative displays just look so good.

Anyway, sorry for waxing nostalgic there. Welcome aboard and let us know when you get your next G in a couple of weeks!
Thanks for your feedback @oldspice.
As far a I know the 9000MS version should be an old one released on a 2009 or something like that.

I was looking for a solar mudman version but were a bit more expensive do at the end I'm happy with the battery configuration

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
No that is not the same body and display of the G9000. It is close (I had one of these, and flipped it) but the display layout killed it for me.
Do you mean that the solar mudman version GW-9010 has a bigger body?
I wanted that one but I was the price is almost the double of the G-9000 version

1 - 15 of 15 Posts