WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the look of the GA2100 but haven't quite pulled the trigger on it yet, having bought 2-3 more watches recently than I anticipated.

As much as I like the subdued all-black on (-1A1 model), the visibility of the dial could be better, like everyone has said. While you can get the 1A model (white indices) and remove the bezel text, I've been in a middle ground where I think the large indices on that one are still too bold.

So here is my fun with amateur Photoshopping, original image courtesy Hodinkee. If I do get the -1A1 for MSRP in the future, I might try painting lume in one of these. Which is your favorite? Any other ideas? Hope this can inspire anyone as well.

The inside of the hands would be painted too ... and I couldn't resist a fake lume shot.

1. Outer marker (this and #4 might be my favorite):

2. Angled surface

3. Flat surface

4. Outer + Angled

The base watch for reference:

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
I love the look of the GA2100 but haven't quite pulled the trigger on it yet, having bought 2-3 more watches recently than I anticipated.

As much as I like the subdued all-black on (-1A1 model), the visibility of the dial could be better, like everyone has said. While you can get the 1A model (white indices) and remove the bezel text, I've been in a middle ground where I think the large indices on that one are still too bold.

So here is my fun with amateur Photoshopping, original image courtesy Hodinkee. If I do get the -1A1 for MSRP in the future, I might try painting lume in one of these. Which is your favorite? Any other ideas? Hope this can inspire anyone as well.

The inside of the hands would be painted too ... and I couldn't resist a fake lume shot.

1. Outer marker (this and #4 might be my favorite):
View attachment 15504844

2. Angled surface
View attachment 15504846

3. Flat surface
View attachment 15504848

4. Outer + Angled
View attachment 15504849

The base watch for reference:
View attachment 15504850
It would be #3 for me

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
I find the yellow version of this watch has a good balance on the face, darker but not black indeces, so a simple swap to black bezel and band is an option i'm looking at myself, but I can't find stock of the yellow at the moment...

however the indeces themselves are VERY easy to remove, so you could simply buy the 1aer and whip them out to colour or swap them for black, and that way you keep the lighter hands

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I find the yellow version of this watch has a good balance on the face, darker but not black indeces, so a simple swap to black bezel and band is an option i'm looking at myself, but I can't find stock of the yellow at the moment...

however the indeces themselves are VERY easy to remove, so you could simply buy the 1aer and whip them out to colour or swap them for black, and that way you keep the lighter hands
I was just noticing that the yellow one has the #1 "Outer" indices highlighted. You are right it is a great balance. It's cool to hear the indices are that easy to remove and put pack in. That would make coloring them and reinstalling them a lot easier too.

4 for me BUT I might have chosen a mix of 1 and 3 :p
That one didn't occur to me but I'm liking it!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Tiribos : )
That looks really excellent. If actually pursued, where would you source lume paint?
Thank you! I haven’t tried this kind of thing before, but seen some other users here do it with some really nice results, so I’d have to look into their process in some more detail when I’m ready. I could end up getting the stock black model and liking it how it is too ;)

·
Registered
421 Posts
There has to be lume work on hands and indices ring with Superluminova BGW9 :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts