WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some recommendations for a sporty leaning Go Anywhere Do Anything watch that meets the following criteria?
  • Non-diver but some water resistance
  • Comfortable metal bracelet
  • 40mm plus (7.5 wrist)
  • Some brand history (not a new microbrand)
  • $2000ish budget

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
What are some recommendations for a sporty leaning Go Anywhere Do Anything watch that meets the following criteria?
  • Non-diver but some water resistance
  • Comfortable metal bracelet
  • 40mm plus (7.5 wrist)
  • Some brand history (not a new microbrand)
  • $2000ish budget
Zodiac Super Sea Wolf

·
Registered
195 Posts
Beauty. This one on my list too.
The updated version for 2020 has subtle changes that, IMO, are improvements. The numerals have more lume and an "applied" look to them. The crown is slightly thinner, and I love the polished center links.

I have an Aquis - it is an exceptionally well made watch.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The updated version for 2020 has subtle changes that, IMO, are improvements. The numerals have more lume and an "applied" look to them. The crown is slightly thinner, and I love the polished center links.

I have an Aquis - it is an exceptionally well made watch.
I have an aquis that gets most of my current wrist time. But it’s on rubber so I haven’t had the Oris bracelet experience.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Longines Conquest
  • Non-diver, but 300M of water resistance
  • Comfortable metal bracelet (it DOES have a butterfly clasp in case that's a deal breaker. Mine is incredibly comfortable)
  • Offered in 39mm, 41mm, 43mm - I have the 43 and 8 inch wrists, the 41mm would've fit fine as well. I just prefer larger watches
  • Longines has been around forever
  • Retail on quartz is $800,auto is $1225 - I'm sure you can find cheaper via grey

Plus, it looks awesome. I haven't had mine long, but I've worn it with business casual and t-shirt/jeans and it looks fantastic with both. It would look good with a suit as well, I'd think. I can't think of a situation I couldn't wear it in.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Tissot Gentleman checks all your boxes. Can be had for around $600 which might make it sound cheap, but I can't think of a watch getting much better spec wise for under $2,000. I think it'd be perfect for your wrist size.

Hope it's okay to link to another forum, this guy does an interesting comparison on the Rolex forums between the Gentleman and his new Rolex OP:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Tissot Gentleman checks all your boxes. Can be had for around $600 which might make it sound cheap, but I can't think of a watch getting much better spec wise for under $2,000. I think it'd be perfect for your wrist size.

Hope it's okay to link to another forum, this guy does an interesting comparison on the Rolex forums between the Gentleman and his new Rolex OP:

This looks nice. And if I had the budget the answer would be a Rolex OP and this certainly has that look. Curious about the bracelet quality. I’ll take a look at the link. Thanks.

Edit: after looking at those photos I think I would look for something ever so slightly sportier than the OP.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Buy this if you actually want to go anywhere and do anything, get a 22mm width bracelet you like from Strapcode, AND go get one of the other recommended watches too. 44mm case, 200m water resistant, crown screws in. Eco-drive movements are bulletproof.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Stretch and get a Tudor black Bay 41 in either black or blue dial second hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JunkerJorge
1 - 20 of 69 Posts