WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,584 Posts
the answer to every question is explorer
Unless you actually read the post before responding or is this a subtle way of telling us you're selling an explorer for under $2000.

·
Registered
446 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
OP can use the $1765 savings to open a retirement account.

Likewise the Certina DS Podium is an ETA 2824 gem, and often found discounted for around $250.
These have been around a while, too:

Smiths Everest if you can find one. Or an Armida A6.

·
Premium Member
7,521 Posts
$895 on rubber at Joma 👀.
I have the Oris Movember ChronOris edition. And for me, it is my true GADA watch, and I enjoy wearing it immensely since I bought it back in November.

To add another GADAishness to it, I have been contemplating on adding the OEM bracelet as well — I prefer to pay extra for this particular OEM stainless steel bracelet.

As for rubber straps, I have been looking for a non-OEM rubber or sailcloth strap; however, there are not too many options out there because of the 19mm lug width.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Already mentioned but the Longines Conquest and Sinn 104. I regret getting rid of the Sinn more than the Longines but both were amazing watches. The Sinn will probably be a rebuy for me eventually.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have an aquis that gets most of my current wrist time. But it’s on rubber so I haven’t had the Oris bracelet experience.
So I stopped by an Oris AD today during errands. I had stopped in several times before looking for the ProPilot Big Date, and they never had it in stock. Well, today they did - the updated blue dial on the textile / leather strap. This was the first time I had ever seen this watch in person, and it is impressive. Now I want one, damnit...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Well negotiated Baumatic with a metal bracelet, just a tad above your budget... Would only recommend if you work in an office environment though other wise its too formal..
Longines conquest or the ORIS pro pilot could be amazing choices if your environment is more relaxed...
I am really starting to believe in the revival of Baume Et Mercier, so maybe the Riviera announced today could be a good option if you prefer a GADA with a unique look.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I was picking up my wife's new watch today (Longines Record Collection) at one of the local AD's shop today and was ogling the Longines Conquest as a GADA solution.

It's built like a tank - very sturdy, and the blue dial is mesmerising., so much so that I'm considering 'thinning the herd' and getting one. If I eventually am able to buy one, I'd probably put a sturdy nato on it and voila - .

The only question - black, blue or silver dial?

·
Premium Member
1,978 Posts
This one is available at a pretty popular GM site for a little under 2k at the moment in a white dial at 41mm. Maybe also in other color ways.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,510 Posts
What are some recommendations for a sporty leaning Go Anywhere Do Anything watch that meets the following criteria?
  • Non-diver but some water resistance
  • Comfortable metal bracelet
  • 40mm plus (7.5 wrist)
  • Some brand history (not a new microbrand)
  • $2000ish budget
100m WR
Titanium case, ceramic fixed bezel, sapphire touch crystal
This strap is rubber, you can get them with the bracelet, titanium (rubber is very comfortable)
Tissot - dunno....I think they've been around
Retail $1500, grey market <$800
The T Touch expert solar 2 is discontinued and there is a new, connect/bt version if that's your preference but the
expert 2 works on all levels for me. It's ABC, chrono, countdown, alarm and this does a much better job than a casio protrek

41 - 60 of 69 Posts