61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Explorer, or (better to yet), an Aqua Terra

·
Registered
528 Posts
Already a lot of good suggestions.....two that I have not seen mentioned yet that I have no trouble in recommending you consider are Formex Essence and Armand Nicolet J09. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Longines Conquest
  • Non-diver, but 300M of water resistance
  • Comfortable metal bracelet (it DOES have a butterfly clasp in case that's a deal breaker. Mine is incredibly comfortable)
  • Offered in 39mm, 41mm, 43mm - I have the 43 and 8 inch wrists, the 41mm would've fit fine as well. I just prefer larger watches
  • Longines has been around forever
  • Retail on quartz is $800,auto is $1225 - I'm sure you can find cheaper via grey

Plus, it looks awesome. I haven't had mine long, but I've worn it with business casual and t-shirt/jeans and it looks fantastic with both. It would look good with a suit as well, I'd think. I can't think of a situation I couldn't wear it in.

View attachment 15812339
I agree with this one. I have had mine (39mm on 8.5” wrist) for a while and it’s an excellent choice. I brushed the PCL’s and swapped the butterfly clasp for a hydroconquest dive clasp. After that, it greatly improved the watch.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
If you have any interest in titanium, check out the Citizen Attesa line. Lots of clean sport styles with solar, world time, perpetual, radio controlled, etc. mostly in the 38 to 40 mm range but occasionally you can find one up to 42 mm. All with the best titanium in the industry and sapphire crystal. Usually $4-600 new on ebay, imported from Japan.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts