WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys and gals,

Apart from looking for a new watch for my father, I am also looking for yet another watch for myself. I love the watches that I have, but I feel they are not big enough. Now, I am looking for a slick men's watch, preferably under $350, by a reputable brand that feels substantial, strong and looks sleek on my slender gal wrist. I would love the lug widths to be no less than 22mm. Now, I know there are some massive watches out there and I do not want to go to some ridiculous extreme either. Just something big, fat, sexy and sophisticated. No bold wild colors and something that will look sexy in a tight t and jeans and maybe even dressed up. What do you guys think looks hot on a chick? b-)

I look forward to your responses.

Watchgirl NYC

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
I think a Seiko SKX007/009 (or 011 if you like orange dials) could be cool. Unique case shape, big bold dials and hands. 22mm lugs. Choice of rubber strap, or jubilee or oyster bracelets. With the change from $350 I think you can get a high quality solid end link bracelet for it. Or you can put it on a Nato. And mod it any way you like. New hands, sapphire, etc.

I think it would be cool because it's not a watch I expect to see on a woman's wrist (sorry if that is sexist). Also, it is largish (41mm) but sits reasonably flat, so is still very wearable. Also, it is pretty much the only truly iconic watch under $350.

Oh, wait, speaking of icons, if you are not predisposed against the Monster then also check it out. Awesomely moddable, awesome presence if kept standard. But only 20mm lugs.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
how about a jacques lemans, 42 mm case and 22 strap, around 275.00

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
My wife stole my Tag F1, it is the new full size, it is not the chrono version. She weighs about 125, with about a 6.25-6.5" wrist. Looks great on her... The lug width is only 20mm but the watch is 41mm. New, just a bit more than the price you mention but you can get closer if you can find one used. Black face... Very sexy...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
here's one a little bigger, 45mm

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Here's a pic of my wife wearing my Seiko SKX781K1. ;-)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
you win!! lol how about a tissot

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I am personally a fan of chronographs for women...

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
you win!! lol how about a tissot
A Quadrato would be very sexy as well...

·
Registered
910 Posts
That Victorinox might do the trick. What about this Orient?

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
I think a Seiko SKX007/009 (or 011 if you like orange dials) could be cool. Unique case shape, big bold dials and hands. 22mm lugs. Choice of rubber strap, or jubilee or oyster bracelets. With the change from $350 I think you can get a high quality solid end link bracelet for it. Or you can put it on a Nato. And mod it any way you like. New hands, sapphire, etc.

I think it would be cool because it's not a watch I expect to see on a woman's wrist (sorry if that is sexist). Also, it is largish (41mm) but sits reasonably flat, so is still very wearable. Also, it is pretty much the only truly iconic watch under $350.
+1

I think the SKX007 would look great.

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
Yours is all man - no argument there! :-! Amazing the difference a white face and strap can make.

Haha it IS technically a man's watch (I own one black with bracelet). They changed the color and put a leather strap on it. It's a physically large watch, which the OP says she wants. It is 41 mm.
Here's mine in dude form next to my Longines:

1 - 20 of 80 Posts