WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
If so it's amazing.
Did Gallet confirm that?
is dial oeiginal?
what exactly were decimal chronograph s use for?
thanks for posting a lovely timepiece
adam

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Adam,
I emailed DL about it, he says these were special-order only. The dial is most definitely original. It can only fit on an EP40 movement.
As far as what they were used for, I know my grandfather used his decimal for his engineering work. What exactly I'm not sure. Anything that would require timing in units rather than seconds.

~D

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
Hi Adam,
I emailed DL about it, he says these were special-order only. The dial is most definitely original. It can only fit on an EP40 movement.
As far as what they were used for, I know my grandfather used his decimal for his engineering work. What exactly I'm not sure. Anything that would require timing in units rather than seconds.

~D
Fantastic. I am glad David got back to you.
I am 'thinking' that 'decimal' was used in military on timing firing of guns - will research it more

Thanks for posting back
regards

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
Found this explanation
Decimal
The decimal insert can be used for statistical analysis or for calculating the price of a work process The decimal insert cuts an hour into 100's instead of 60's. As an example, the chronograph is started when a work process is initiated or stopped when the process is complete. The time of the process can now be read directly on the bezel and referenced to the cost pr. minute.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT - Time Zone Forum

Reactions: DragonDan

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
Emre
Thats a cool looking watch

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
Erme, that is a cool watch. Just remember, having a nice timepiece in your collection is a benefit, not a cost!
~D
very apt words

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Thank you gents. Self motivating me also with your statement ' having a nice timepiece in your collection is a benefit, not a cost ", and bought a Kelek just yesterday, Gallet coming soon. But won't pull the trigger without consulting you Daniel.

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
Well I have some 200+ timepieces and considering I was sponsored by Gallet - I do NOT have a Gallet watch
I bought one for my girl friend - but the models I like (single button pusher) are just atrociously expensive now (cry)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts