WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this typical? This is a $100+ dollar bracelet from Strapcode for my BB58. I haven’t had a bracelet clasp like this in a while and I don’t recall having a large gap like this, however Strapcode says it’s normal and all their bracelets do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,568 Posts
What is your wrist size?

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Which of the micro-adjust holes are you using? Depending on the shape of your wrist (round vs flat) and the hole being used, the gap will be larger or smaller.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Which of the micro-adjust holes are you using? Depending on the shape of your wrist (round vs flat) and the hole being used, the gap will be larger or smaller.
Interesting but makes sense. I am on the 3rd hole and my wrist is 6.25” and fairly flat.

·
Registered
6,769 Posts
I've seen it a few times before so I'd say it's normal. However, still not ideal IMO. I'd play around with adding/removing links 6 o'clock and 12 o'clock sides to get into the right microadjust hole to minimize that.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Is this typical? This is a $100+ dollar bracelet from Strapcode for my BB58. I haven’t had a bracelet clasp like this in a while and I don’t recall having a large gap like this, however Strapcode says it’s normal and all their bracelets do it.

Are you referring to the gap between the links or the height of the clasp?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts

·
Registered
20,568 Posts
6.25”

You should ask someone with larger wrist to try wearing your watch to see if wrist size is a factor.

You also can try to re-align the clasp left and right by manipulating the links until you find the perfect spot for the clasp (clasp doesn't necessarily need to be in the center).

Reactions: 829maxx

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
Ratcheting bracelets can do that if not properly adjusted. Just the nature of packaging all those layers of metal in there and taking a sudden bend at the springbar.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Ratcheting bracelets can do that if not properly adjusted. Just the nature of packaging all those layers of metal in there and taking a sudden bend at the springbar.
Adjustment? Look at the size of that clasp. Regardless of the position that clasp is huge.

Reactions: happyscrappyheropup

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I'm wearing one right now. They are large but correctly positioned they wear fine on my 7 1/4 inch wrist.
Ok, you may be alright with yours but a picture is worth a thousand words

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
Yes, but the OP's wrist is 6 1/4...
Ok ... so adjust it as several people haver suggested because it appears as if it is not being worn correctly. If he can't find a comfortable position then return it as others have also suggested. What I am telling you is that claiming this clasp is somehow defective or thicker than others is wrong. The engineering behind these ratcheting clasps can't really be made any more diminutive while retaining robustness.

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
Ok, you may be alright with yours but a picture is worth a thousand words
True, and the OP appears to be wearing this on his RIGHT wrist when it was designed to be worn on the left. If you've noticed this and that is what he wants to do, maybe suggesting he swap ends would be more appropriate than just insisting you are right.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts