WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I configured my Fenix to search a HR monitor and it finds it. Everything is ok, but I would like to know what happens when I remove My belt from my chest. When I am not wearing the belt and when I check my Fenix : Setup->Ant sensor->Heart rate, I see that it is on "searching" even if I am not wearing the belt.

Is this "searching" mode is consumming more Battery ? I updated my watch to FW 3.10but it seems it is consumming more battery and maybe is it coming from this search mode that occurs even if the Belt is not worn.

I ordered a Footpod and I think I will be in the same case so maybe searching always 2 devices will drop more the battery.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another thing I noticed is that when I am using the heart rate monitor my Fenix is consumming between 8 to 10% per hour ! I am using it indoor and without GPS activated. How can we explain a so huge battery draining when using a HR monitor ?

If somebody can help telling me how much its Fenix is draining battery per hour indoor without GPS and only with HR monitor activated...

I would like also to add a Footpod with my Fenix but I am affraid it will drain the battery Twice.

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Another thing I noticed is that when I am using the heart rate monitor my Fenix is consumming between 8 to 10% per hour ! I am using it indoor and without GPS activated. How can we explain a so huge battery draining when using a HR monitor ?

If somebody can help telling me how much its Fenix is draining battery per hour indoor without GPS and only with HR monitor activated...

I would like also to add a Footpod with my Fenix but I am affraid it will drain the battery Twice.

Thanks
It really sounds like you have a defective fenix, as I have great battery life despite the fact that I use it for daily runs with my Heart rate monitor, Footpod, plus long hikes on the weekend. See my response to you, on this other thread: http://forums.watchuseek.com/f296/garmin-fenix-how-upload-maps-unit-770169-4.html#post5923900

1 - 3 of 3 Posts