WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked up a GAS-100B-1A yesterday, the first time I've seen one for sale anywhere (including online):

DSC05833.JPG

Thumbnail review:

Size is pretty much the same as GA-100; weight a fraction more and overall it feels just a very small step more solid and premium. The hands are nicely legible, the metallised indices slightly less so in all conditions though they do catch the light interestingly from certain angles. Lume on the hands is adequate, no lume on the indices. The lighting has an LED for the ana-bit and backlighting for the LCDs. The dial has a grey sunburst that is much more evident in RL than in the product shots. The overall impression of this particular model is quite muted and under-the-radar - possibly too muted for some - but with a nice hidden little sparkle on the face.

DSC05832.JPG

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Man, if they put the module with the lumed indices and neon illuminator in there, I may have to get one.

Reactions: parv

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Not at all embarrassed in this company:

DSC05834.JPG

I must have really lucked out finding one of these - it's still listed as 'coming soon' on the G-shock site, and I can't see any others for sale anywhere, on or offline.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would rate them as "not bad, for negative displays". Quite clear when they catch the light right, otherwise dim. They are much clearer (and larger) than those on my GST-W300 (which I struggle to read even in bright light), and maybe slightly clearer than my GST-100 - which is odd, since the module should be the same - maybe something about the filter or the glass.

The hands are very legible though, so at least you aren't peering at a negative display to read the time...

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
How's that three dials legibility compared to AWGM100 series? Slightly larger in diameter?
I would rate them as "not bad, for negative displays". Quite clear when they catch the light right, otherwise dim. They are much clearer (and larger) than those on my GST-W300 (which I struggle to read even in bright light), and maybe slightly clearer than my GST-100 - which is odd, since the module should be the same - maybe something about the filter or the glass.

The hands are very legible though, so at least you aren't peering at a negative display to read the time...

·
Registered
4,008 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
How's that three dials legibility compared to AWGM100 series? Slightly larger in diameter?
No idea sorry.

Kinda surprised there hasn't been more interest in this model - I really like mine. Maybe it is a bit of an understated sleeper and some wilder colours will bring more people round.

DSC05970.JPG

·
Registered
4,008 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Slightly larger and the display is a little bit lighter and just a bit easier to read. Negative displays are what they are, but the ones on the GAS-100 are a little better than the AWGM100. The labels and indicator for the alarms, etc, are much more readable as well. Add the fact that the light illuminates the dials is a 10 fold improvement in usability for the additional functions of the watch.

I bought the AWGM100 a few weeks ago, and sort of regretted not spending the extra money and getting the GAS-100. The other day, I found the GAS-100 for $113 new on ebay, and couldn't pass it up. I am returning the AWGM to Amazon.

The only thing that I am not crazy about, is the increased size of the GAS-100. I like the slightly smaller AWGM a little better.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Congrats on 1st post & welcome!

Reactions: rival

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey all,

New guy to the forums, and wasn't able to open my own thread so figured this was a good starting point. In addition to a DW-5600 (Keith Herring edition) I have, I've got a GAS-100BMC-1ACR Neo Tokyo but am having a problem finding a suitable BullBar and Nato strap adapter; no one seems to be aware of this particular model. I'm wondering if the GAS-100 is compatible size-wise to another more established model?

In other words, those with the GAS-100, what BullBar and Nato Strap adapter have you found work? I attempted to search but only found results for threads speaking on GAS-100 but not compatible accessories. Thanks in advance!

IMG_20200412_170000.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts