WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just picked this one up and I love it; might be my favorite yet. I noticed the band has a somewhat different feel to it than my other G's. Less rubbery, perhaps. Not quite sure how to describe it. Do they use a slightly different resin for this watch? Also, I've noticed that since I've lost some weight, the longer bands (this one and my King) 'puff out' before the keeper. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to better secure a longer band? Any pix of your GD-100-1B would be great - I'm really loving this one, but don't see much on the forum for it. Thanks, fellas!

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and glad you are enjoying it!

As for the "puffing out" if you mean from the bezel side it is designed in. Theory is for more shock absorption.

In any case I love the XL's and the kings. Just wore my GD100 recently!

uploadfromtaptalk1381907284505.jpg

And that's on a 7.5" flat top wrist and you can see the strap bulging on the bottom of the photo. Hope this helps. Oh, wrist shot or it didn't happen! :D

sent with aloha

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
6,199 Posts
The resin is differing somewhat between production runs i think.

There are some known models with different resin like the GW-5000 and the Giez.
But AFIAK the GD-100 is standard.

Some members are shortening the straps if to long, would this solve your problem?

·
Registered
791 Posts
I'm a huge fan of the GD-100s, being extremely drawn to its aesthetic. I have 8 of them, and now sourcing for a cheaper one for the GD-100HC. The straps are pretty much the same but from my own personal observation, the glossy models' straps are somehow, stiffer then the matte models. It applies for all the other models I have. And also, I have the playset products GD-100 with the G-Man, and although it is also matte, the strap is noticeably, much softer then the rest of the matte resins. I'm pretty sure the resin material is different.

But anyway, it's a nice watch and enjoy your GD-100 to the fullest! =D

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Your strap problem can be easily remedied by buying a separate keeper. Assuming your GD-100's buckle can be removed.
I had the same problem with my G-5500 and it's perfect now.

Check the ebay seller catkcgi or search for Watch Strap Keeper.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, guys! I will try to post a wrist shot of mine in the next few days...never posted a photo here before...thanks again, and any pics of yours would be great!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts