WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From G-Central.

Too bad. It's one of the better basic G-Shock models.

G-Shock GD-350 with vibration alert discontinued

G-Shock, News
G-Shock GD-350-1
According to G-Shock Japan, all models in the GD-350 series have ended production. As is the case with other discontinued models, there may still be a lot of stock remaining throughout the world, and it is possible that it could be a while before a shortage is noticeable.

The GD-350 was launched in 2013 and is popular for military use due to its unique style and special features. Some of these features include a large LCD display, a countdown timer that simultaneously displays the current time, a dedicated countdown start button, and an optional vibration alert for end of countdown, alarms, and the hourly time signal. The watch also has an approximate 5-year battery with a low battery warning. The uniqueness of the GD-350 made it somewhat of a cult favorite among certain G-Shock fans.

See the rest of the article here.

·
Registered
Seiko auto's. Monster, Turtle, 5 Sports. Steeldive auto. G Shock. Edifice. Protrek. Casio.
1,047 Posts
Its the only all digital G Shock i have left. Casio got it bang on for me with the 1B model, the size, a great neg display, the functions with a 5th light button and its big CR2032 battery.
Would definitely like to have the 1D model that GaryK30 has pictured. Even more now these will be no more.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks like I need to pick up a backup band and bezel in that case.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I’m glad I have picked up three different models and just need two more to finish my collection. It is my favorite G-Shock and get them while you can because in 10 years this watch will be highly sought after and missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
256 Posts
That's a bummer. It had a pretty good module, with the quick countdown timer button at the bottom right. A decent screen layout to match the large case. The wings made it really comfortable for its size. One of the few large G-Shocks that I liked.
I agree It’s the only G-Shock watch to have the quick access countdown timer. My favorite feature is the vibration alerts. It also has one of the best legible displays ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
Do yourselves a favor and go around to your local Walmart and see if they have any left. The one version of it was on clearance and came out to $18 when I bought one a few months ago.

·
Premium Member
14,818 Posts
Do yourselves a favor and go around to your local Walmart and see if they have any left. The one version of it was on clearance and came out to $18 when I bought one a few months ago.
My Walmart has been bone-dry of any clearance G-Shocks for over a year. Every time I think about buying a G-2310R online I cringe and stop and think I could have bought one for $15 back then. It just keeps me from buying it again. Stupid, I know but watch buying logic goes out the window once you own more than one watch. ;)

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
"what could have been" is the #1 buzzkill :p

My Walmart has been bone-dry of any clearance G-Shocks for over a year. Every time I think about buying a G-2310R online I cringe and stop and think I could have bought one for $15 back then. It just keeps me from buying it again. Stupid, I know but watch buying logic goes out the window once you own more than one watch. ;)

·
Registered
751 Posts
"what could have been" is the #1 buzzkill :p
The Walmart clearance sales are also really inconsistent. Sometimes watches on clearance at one store will still be selling for full price in another (the Duro is a great example of this). Meanwhile, there are models that have been clearanced out without even telling the individual stores (I met a jewelry section manager who was seriously on top of things whose mind was blown when I asked if she could take a blue Dangerfield out of the case to check the price... when she saw it was only $25, she put aside the other one for herself!)

The best you can hope for is to cruise by and see what they have and hope for the best... and don't be afraid to ask for a price check!

·
Registered
Just one more TX Timex Enabler Club - Broths Hams n Subs
12,597 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
What is a good price for these?
4 color schemes available right now in the River from South Under.

The gray one for under $80 seems to be normal. I don't recall seeing them go for less than $70 unless you had some discount or coupon code.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Having the negative display version, I'd been considering a grey model (w/positive display) for a while, and this discontinuation announcement was the push I needed.

But if in 18 months Casio decides to restart production, I'll never trust their discontinuation announcements again as more than a sales boost ploy.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts