WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a watch like GD-350 WITH auto-repeat i.e. large 24h countdown timer next to the time as I want to be able to see both at once. Direct countdown start from timekeeping mode would be nice but not a must. Thanks.

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Similar design? Then I recommend the G-7900 - it has auto-repeat on the timer but the timer can only be set in 1min increments. Current time is visible in timer mode. Or do you want the vibe alarm? The GL/G-7500 has a repeat timer but the max duration is 60min.

Cheers, Sedi :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The countdown timer should be 24h and the timer feature should to be integrated in the home screen. 1-minute increments is fine. Is the GD-350 the first of its kind when it comes to the timer design, why the hell doesn't it have auto-repeat?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
The countdown timer should be 24h and the timer feature should to be integrated in the home screen. 1-minute increments is fine. Is the GD-350 the first of its kind when it comes to the timer design, why the hell doesn't it have auto-repeat?
The 350 has no auto-repeat, as you say, but it does have one-button CDT start, which is an interesting compromise/alternative, I guess.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
The GD-350 is the first G-Shock to have the CDT display integrated in the home screen. Some G-Shocks put an indicator to indicate that the CDT is active, but without the actual count down. Also, from what I've seen the GD-350 is the first to have a CDT launch from the home screen as well.

I too am puzzled as to why they didn't provide an auto-repeat feature. Who knows what engineering complication may have made it impractical to provide. But as Riffraff pointed out, it's very easy to launch the CDT again because of the quick-launch feature.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm looking for a watch like GD-350 WITH auto-repeat i.e. large 24h countdown timer next to the time as I want to be able to see both at once. Direct countdown start from timekeeping mode would be nice but not a must. Thanks.
I bought a GD-350 and mostly like it, but I am not going to be using it. Like you, I must have auto-repeat on the countdown. I need to be reminded every 30 to 40 minutes to drink water to avoid recurrence of kidney stones. I tried the GD-350 and thought that I would remember to keep restarting the timer, but I couldn't remember. I think the GD-350 is a great watch, but to some extent it's overkill. The lack of auto-repeat on the countdown timer is a shame.

I recommend three watches with countdown auto-repeat.

1. Casio AQ-S810W analogue and digital. Solar powered. Great countdown with autorepeat. Will repeat 20 times. Loud alarm. Love this watch. I generally don't like analogue watches, but this one's special. White hands on black background - great contrast. Also as I used the countdown auto-repeat every day, solar is really important. Only drawback is you can't see the day and date at the same time. It's day or date - you have to switch back and forth. I'm wearing watch now. Incidentally, it looks so-so on Amazon, but when you actually have it on your wrist it's very nice.

2. Casio SWG-100. Very clear digits with good contrast. 24 hour countdown with auto-repeat. Very loud alarm. Love this watch. If I wasn't concerned about running down the battery with the auto-repeat countdown and heavy use of daily alarms, this might be my preferred watch. But solar is the clincher so I wear the AQ-S810W.

3. Timex Vibration watch. Great features but ugly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought a GD-350 and mostly like it, but I am not going to be using it. Like you, I must have auto-repeat on the countdown. I need to be reminded every 30 to 40 minutes to drink water to avoid recurrence of kidney stones. I tried the GD-350 and thought that I would remember to keep restarting the timer, but I couldn't remember. I think the GD-350 is a great watch, but to some extent it's overkill. The lack of auto-repeat on the countdown timer is a shame.

I recommend three watches with countdown auto-repeat.

1. Casio AQ-S810W analogue and digital. Solar powered. Great countdown with autorepeat. Will repeat 20 times. Loud alarm. Love this watch. I generally don't like analogue watches, but this one's special. White hands on black background - great contrast. Also as I used the countdown auto-repeat every day, solar is really important. Only drawback is you can't see the day and date at the same time. It's day or date - you have to switch back and forth. I'm wearing watch now. Incidentally, it looks so-so on Amazon, but when you actually have it on your wrist it's very nice.

2. Casio SWG-100. Very clear digits with good contrast. 24 hour countdown with auto-repeat. Very loud alarm. Love this watch. If I wasn't concerned about running down the battery with the auto-repeat countdown and heavy use of daily alarms, this might be my preferred watch. But solar is the clincher so I wear the AQ-S810W.

3. Timex Vibration watch. Great features but ugly.
Sjamerica,

Thanks for the information. It's very helpful!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts