WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I work in a brewery in production. I work around loud machines in a wet environment and time activities throughout the day. With its vibration features, the Casio W-735 was a great watch for me. However, when I heard about the GD-350, with the one touch countdown timer, I thought I'd give it a try. From a functional standpoint, I liked the GD-350 a bit more and started wearing it every day.

However, I missed the superior button feel on the 735 as well as it's more compact size. So I decided to cram the GD-350 "movement" into the W-735's case. To make it fit, I had to remove a small amount of material from interior of the 735 around the light button - I did this with a Dremel and a razor blade.

The result looks rough (ugly), but it works great! I have all the functionality of the GD-350 with the reduced weight and size of the W-735.

2-photo 3.JPG 2-photo (18).JPG 1-photo 1-001.JPG

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
First post and you're already doing a rather extensive mod -- good going! |> And of course, welcome to WUS. :)

If I were you, I'd paint the crystal wherever those metal side bits from the GD-350 are showing. That will kind of finish it off and perhaps even look like CASIO made it. All in all, pretty amazing that the module was just about right in terms of shape and thickness, as well as button positions. You really lucked out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts