WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried doing a search and came up empty. Does anyone know if the a adapters that fit 16mm lug widths from countycomm.com will work with the GD350's?

Looking at the specs of the watch its showing that its has a 16mm resin case so in theory it looks like it should work. Right?

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Hi,
well I tried to put the strap of a G-7900MS on my GD-350 and it didn't work as the holes for the springbars are further away from the lug-ends than on a G-7900 so I couldn't get the springbars to click into place. So if the adapters aren't long enough (the piece that goes between the lugs) they won't fit even so the width is the same. I think you simply have to try if it works.

cheers, Sedi :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. It looks like I'm going to have to be the guinea pig on this one.

I'm thinking the suunto ones could potentially work as well.

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
The Suunto "C"-clips? I don't know if they're wide enough but I guess they could possibly be fixed to the case with the screws that hold the "wings" - but even if it would work you'd then have an ugly gap between the lugs.

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Ooh, great! So they do indeed work! How strong can you still feel the vibration with the Zulu? Btw - if the rings are far enough apart a Nato also works with adapters - I tried it on a DW-6900:

Looks a little strange but actually works pretty well on the wrist:

I also got a Nato on my PAW-500T which I modified with adapters:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It worked but it was a pain getting the spring bars to snap in. Really pleased with the final result tho and I am not noticing a drastic reduction in the vibration.

Only thing I might do is get a 24mm band as the 22mm seems a little thin for my taste.

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Yes, the 22mm are a little too thin - the 24mm a little too wide - the original Casio straps used on models with adapters are 23mm.
Good to know that the vibration alarm is still strong enough. I might have to get another GD-350 to do this mod :-d.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do it :)

I'm a little OCD so now it's on to sourcing shorter screws to plug up the area where the wings screwed on to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts