WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys how's everything ?

I did a 10 hrs search (as usual) and finally get my GD350. It is said this watch is big, "looks cheap (or not)" and too light. So I am trying to write a small review.

Dial Size: It is big and I have a comparison photo with G-5600E. However the digits are 15% bigger also. The time digits on GD350 are very clean and attract more attention than G-5600E. which is a big pro to me.

Dial Thickness: The only con to me. 90% thicker for the vibration ? Maybe.

Finish: Since I only have 2 G i am not sure if it is because of MIC but it does have a lot of injection joint lines outside the case and band. Though it doesn't affect function and wearing it does looks cheap. Also the buckle is not polished as G-5600E ( for conceal wearing maybe , but the start button is polished)

light : Comfortable white light.

The Wings : Cannot be felt or noticed when wearing.

Vibration : This is my 1st vibrate watch. But it is strong enough for me at least for now.

One thing more and surprisingly good : I cannot see the ghost of un-active LCD from any angle on GD350, however I can easily do that on my G-5600E and a little harder on my F91W. GD350 solves the ghost problem on most digital watcher completely and my analogs can stay in box now.

Overall : A great watch for the size and price, nothing to regret if u really need a vibration watch with large digits. The design is fun but also very practical.

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Congratz! I also think the display is quite good. And I can see no ghosting on mine either even so it has been reported by other members.

cheers, Sedi :)

·
Premium Member
14,024 Posts
Sedi,

Does the GD 350 sit or ride any bigger/smaller on the wrist than a G7900? I have the G7900. I know we are all enablers here, but is the GD350 worth obtaining?

Thank you,

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
It's almost exactly the same size as a G-7900. And I think the watch is worth obtaining. Features are top-notch. But there have been a few reports of malfunctioning buttons. Mine works flawlessly so far.

Sedi,

Does the GD 350 sit or ride any bigger/smaller on the wrist than a G7900? I have the G7900. I know we are all enablers here, but is the GD350 worth obtaining?

Thank you,

·
Registered
82 Posts
It's my favorite watch. I have the 1B and just got the 1JF. I haven't found anything about it that I don't like. It works great for me and I love the vibration feature. Very useful for me.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'm surprised how much I like this watch. I bought it as more of a novelty, just something different, and have found that I really don't want to take off. I like it enough that I will probably also pick up one with a positive display (not sure which one yet).

GD-350_03.jpg

·
Banned
3,937 Posts
I have the 1B and like it quite a bit. The screen is very easy to read, and the LED light lights the screen really well. And not to mention, its a good looking watch. Its definitely one I'll be keeping.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

·
Banned
3,937 Posts
BTW, what is this "ghosting" some of you mentioned? I've not heard of this.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
When you can see the LCD-segments that are currently not in use. It happens on some watches especially when you look at them from an angle.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
dude, trust me, you gonna like every Gshock you buy, I guarantee this !

·
Registered
835 Posts
I love my pair of GD-350s. As many people have mentioned previously, the GD-350 has one of the best negative displays in the G-Shock model range:

Reactions: jhm3

·
Banned
3,937 Posts
When you can see the LCD-segments that are currently not in use. It happens on some watches especially when you look at them from an angle.

Ah! OK, I've seen this on some of the G's I've had. Thanks, Sedi.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk now Free

·
Premium Member
14,024 Posts
Sedi,

Thank you for your answer to my question.

Have a great day

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Finish: Since I only have 2 G i am not sure if it is because of MIC but it does have a lot of injection joint lines outside the case and band. Though it doesn't affect function and wearing it does looks cheap.

Do you mean the joint lines like they are visible in this picture around the buttons? Also, what is MIC?

Thanks for the review and especially the pictures. I love pictures which show the watches at unusual angles and compare them with other watches.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I do not have much experience with G-Shocks. This one is my first one!
What can I say after 7 days - awesome, feature-packed, so-much-fun-to-ware watch - I just love it.
This one will stay in a rotation for a VERY LONG time ;-)

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Congrats on your GD-350. :-!

The ghosting is an appearance of the segments that are not in use. As Sedi mentioned, you don't see it under normal conditions. But if you use the back light, you will see some of it. It's really quite minor in my opinion (some people are sticklers for little flaws and were rather harsh about it).

I would have liked the alarm tones to be louder as well as the vibration a little stronger, but more importantly an option to control the duration of the alarm/vibration--it is capped at 10 secs. 20 secs would be preferable to me, and worth it for a battery running down about 6 months earlier than expected. The good thing is that there's a snooze alarm, so it will repeat. The matte rubber finish on the band does get marked up after wearing for a few months, due to the buckle--nothing else. I do wonder how well the matte finish will last. Replacement straps are about double the cost of the DW-5600E.

I had a problem with the start button occasionally doing a "double" contact (on/off) when pressing it. I couldn't see any physical cause for it when taking off the back. But this issue was eventually "ironed out" by doing a lot of consecutive button pressing for about 5 minutes. It hasn't recurred so it seems to be fixed.

The only other thing I'd have liked is the ability to control the LED intensity (like 3 brightness levels). It's really bright in a dark room, although not nearly as blinding as an iPod. ;-) I think this is the only thing that really kills it as a stealth field watch (2nd thing is the lack of knurling on the buttons, which can be a problem if you're wearing gloves).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, joint line around button and strap. It's everywhere. MIC means made in China. I don't have opinions on MIC as I have some MIC knife collection whose fit and finish is one f the best and also it is my motherland. However when it is MIC it could also means low cost , or cost control ,which depends on the Manufacture want a better finish with low cost or simply the later one.

I cannot take photos on GD350 from different angles as when I try with my cell phone or camera the glass of watched always reflecting the light. But you may check some video which may help.

Btw I really love this watch now-----simply wears and reads so nice . This watch is marketed in vibration but there is far more to discover.

Do you mean the joint lines like they are visible in this picture around the buttons? Also, what is MIC?

Thanks for the review and especially the pictures. I love pictures which show the watches at unusual angles and compare them with other watches.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Yes, joint line around button and strap. It's everywhere. MIC means made in China. I don't have opinions on MIC as I have some MIC knife collection whose fit and finish is one f the best and also it is my motherland. However when it is MIC it could also means low cost , or cost control ,which depends on the Manufacture want a better finish with low cost or simply the later one.

I cannot take photos on GD350 from different angles as when I try with my cell phone or camera the glass of watched always reflecting the light. But you may check some video which may help.

Btw I really love this watch now-----simply wears and reads so nice . This watch is marketed in vibration but there is far more to discover.
Thank you for the reply and again for the pictures. I've been checking out this watch A LOT (looking up pictures, reading reviews etc.) but I never noticed those (poorly done) joint lines until you mentioned it and I saw your picture.
Now I understand why some people say it looks cheap, assuming it's like that on all of them.

As far as I know the quality of G-shocks is not related to place of assembly; be it Japan, China or Taiwan.

I still like the watch though, if it was Atomic I would buy one instantly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
How accurate is your GD350?
I was kind of curious, so I kept an eye on my GD350 for the last 10 days... ;-)
It took him 9 days to gain one second - so, +1 sec in 9 days...
Not bad...
What about your GD350-s?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts