WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought the orange and black GDF100 off of eBay, I never would've thought I could find a watch with an altimeter, barometer, and thermometer for just $80, absolutely insane. I've been watching and reading some reviews, and I can't wait to get it. While I wait I'd love to see some pics of your GDF100's. Or maybe a size comparison with some G's that I'm familiar with (6900, 5600, 7900, etc.). I was expecting it to be about the size of a Riseman but apparently it's closer to the GA/GD1XX series?

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Exactly. It shares the chassis of the GA/GD 100/110/120/etc. If you look in the review area you will see photos of a gdf100 next to a Riseman. Enjoy it and wrist shot when you get it!

sent with aloha

·
Registered
835 Posts
Size comparisons eh? I can give you a couple with my red GDF-100:

Mudman & GDF-100

King & GDF-100

Reactions: KillaSkill

·
Registered
49 Posts
I absolutely love the GDF-100 and being my first G it makes it even more special.

Would love to get the all black one and the red one but the prices are pretty crazy

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
The only thing that annoyed me to no end about the GDF-100 is the fake recessed buttons. Well, they look like buttons to me. The cluster of 4 in a square on the left top and on the right side of the bezel. I honestly thought you'd use a stylus to press them, for some kind of settings controls. Ha, no such thing--it's just a design. However, I do like the overall appearance of the GDF-100. And if you want, you can get creative and paint the recessed "nubs" a different color from the bezel, or even GITD (glow in the dark) paint. ;-)

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The only thing that annoyed me to no end about the GDF-100 is the fake recessed buttons. Well, they look like buttons to me. The cluster of 4 in a square on the left top and on the right side of the bezel. I honestly thought you'd use a stylus to press them, for some kind of settings controls. Ha, no such thing--it's just a design. However, I do like the overall appearance of the GDF-100. And if you want, you can get creative and paint the recessed "nubs" a different color from the bezel, or even GITD (glow in the dark) paint. ;-)
I'm pretty sure those are part of the second sensor. I may be wrong though...

·
Registered
46 Posts
My first GDF100 from a friend after he learned of my new passion for the Gs. He removed it from his wrist and put it in my hands. This one is extra special.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Gdf series cought my attention because the unique model than others. For the features like you said before it has thermo, baro and alti. The alti help me a lot when doing hiking or outdoor activity.
This is my first gdf series
Have a nice weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk . Have a nice day

·
Registered
7 Posts
Its very nice the gdf100.you will enjoy it.but I want someone to tell me 2 things.
1.the altitude at my home (gps) is 135 meters.I calibrate the watch and after a few hours can reach 180 meters without mooving at all.and generally it is not stable.

2.everyone says that the thermometer must be calibrated while watch is off wrist for about 15 minutes.I want to ask the reason why it must not be calibrated while on wrist, as the body temperature is almost always 36.6 to 36.9?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts