WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Side by side shot with the GD100

View attachment 1003115

Some of these GDF100's are getting difficult to find. I would like to help out with deciding if the display is OK or not for you, as negative displays can be difficult to see for a lot of people. If you get a chance to see a GD100 (fairly common) it shares the same display technology as the gdf100, but with thinner "pixels" or blocks. This photo shows this aspect. I hope this is helpful, and if you would like to see any other negative display comparisons between the gdf100 and something else (hopefully you have seen and can compare it to) let me know.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
chrisek, i need your help! you are my only hope :)

i used to have the red GDF-100, and i LOVED it so very much. but i sold it because my wrist is huge (8.2") and i had to wear this on the last notch, and so it was not long enough to stay in the keeper.

now that the Burton model has a different strap, i wonder can you tell me if the Burton strap is longer or shorter than the regular resin band? because if it is longer, i can get this watch again and wear it happily. i am not concerned about this side of that side of the band, only OVERALL length of the entire watch, because of my huge wrists. so if you could put a Burton and the red GDF side by side and see which watch is longer tip-to-tip, i would be very grateful!!

thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Chrisek, how'd i miss reading this review thread?

Excellent review. Great pics too!

I was thinking of getting the GDF-100-1B for the past couple of weeks now, but your personal pics of the GDF-100-4 makes me want to get that even more...ahh the dilemma!

What more can i say? Keep it up!

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
As a quick update, wearing the burton for my first time since posting this review (3mos?) And it is still on to the second with time.is! That is just extraordinary luck with the trim setting! :cool:

sent with aloha

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you for doing this review! I am 95% sure I am going to buy a riseman.

Reactions: Chrisek
21 - 27 of 27 Posts