WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i enquired with a certain factory about the watch i wanted which was sold out at most of the AD's i would consider purchasing from. I got a price from the owner. Then i found another reputable AD with the watch in stock and his price was $600 cheaper than direct from the factory! This is alot of savings on a $2700 watch!

I am not going to say who but i just thought it strange that the middle man would cost less than the man. We are not talking about a high volume brand here, less than a 1000 are made every year.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Not surprising at all. A manufacturer should not discount their products to beat their retail chain for a sale. In fact, it could be argued that if a manufacturer has a retail channel, then the manufacturer should not be selling products directly to the consumer anyway. Sales and any discount is left up to the discretion of the individual retailer and apparently you found a good deal.

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
That is exactly right. You should always get your worst price direct from the manufacturer, unless it is a closeout or something like that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts