WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-Yesterday on local marketplace in my home town I came across this used GENEVA, it looked like nice sturdy watch in very good condition and working.
-The price was around 28$ so I consider it to be a good investment. I was right about condition of the watch, it is excellent, there are only some scratches on the bottom probably as result of numerous attempts to open it incorrectly without adequate tools.

-The truth is that I am not too familiar with this watch brand and would be grateful on any info and opinion that can help me to shed some light on this nice piece.

-Inscription on dial is GENEVA-SPORT AUTOMATIC, movement is swiss made, engraved on it is EUGENE KLEIN and BREVETS, there is also 17 SEVENTEEN JEWELS UNADJUSTED with M S C under it.

G7.JPG G1.JPG G2.JPG G3.JPG

G4.JPG G5.JPG G6.JPG

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
The movement looks like a Baumgartner 158 31/7 (CLDD). A fairly low-end movement, nothing special for its time.
bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: Baumgartner 158 31/7(CLDD)

The movement looks in good condition, so it should serve you well if you have it serviced by a decent watchmaker ... don't know if it's worth the trouble though considering the cost (and value).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts