WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The seller doesn't provide images of the watch itself and I have reached out to the seller for real pictures. I won the auction but will not pay until he provides the pictures.
While I wait, I haven't seen any other vintage Omega watches like this, especially with lume on the dial.

Can anyone confirm if this can be real or not? I'll share pictures when/if I get them.

Seller has 100% positive rating with tons of sales.

Omega Seamaster Classic Military Stainless Steel Watch 1946 Mint | eBay

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just found out the model is Suveran through more research and the fact that the lume is radioactive.
I'm going to cancel the order for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I think it would be safe to assume that none of the dial is original. I'm not trying to be snarky but I couldn't imagine bidding that much on a watch with only one obviously retouched photo.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Indeed, certainly a mistake made in the heat of thinking I was getting a good deal. Needless to say I had no intention of paying until the seller provided pictures, before I found out that it's dangerous to own.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi there,

the neighbour of a friend of my daughter's hairdresser has a nice penthouse on top of this building for sale:

Shall I make a contact for you?

Regards, Roland Ranfft
Clever, certainly an original way of reiterating that I made a newbie mistake.

·
Vint. Forum Co-Moderator
3,634 Posts
What makes you think that this watch is dangerous to own? Maybe I should install a lead shield around my collection of radium lumed watches?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
What makes you think that this watch is dangerous to own? Maybe I should install a lead shield around my collection of radium lumed watches?
Based on this:
Scary Omega Suveran

It's likely the watch isn't original but then the listing would have been incorrect or misleading.

Either way I've already contacted the seller to cancel the order.

·
Vint. Forum Co-Moderator
3,634 Posts
I'd suggest a more reasoned research, avoiding threads with words like 'scary' in the title.

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
Clever, certainly an original way of reiterating that I made a newbie mistake.
Hey, we all do. I once took my newly acquired gold Bulova in to my watchmaker for repair because it could not keep good time. He looked at it and laughed and point out it was a Bolivia not a Bulova. It had a cheap pin lever movement. When I took a polishing cloth to it, all the gold rubbed off. He refused to waste his time working on it. (It had a neat green dial though!)

Your mistake doesn't top that! LOL

Reactions: redcow
1 - 11 of 11 Posts