WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Someone how have seen a watch like this and could tell me something about it ? probably is the hands and crystal not original but the dial looks good a think. I bought this from Serbia and it comes with rolex bracelet a don`t now if it is real or fake bracelet how could a check if it is a real Rolex bracelet ?

I now about the Heuer 844 Monnin watches but a have never seen a watch like this before!
DSC_0421.JPG

·
Registered
762 Posts
Ok, I'll chip in.....the hands do look odd, but they also kind of fit the Tag/Zodiac funky hands vibe of the late 80's early 90's. I'd like to see what's inside...

I think it's a really cool watch. I would probably replace the hands with a set from a Tag, I'd they prove not original.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
What I recall,Monnin made the first Heuer divers models. Upon success they have been continued to be manufactured and it's said that it was the watch that rescued Heuer from bankrupting.

I have no idea if the hands are original or not, but they are cool looking.

As for the bracelet you may want to check the codes and markings at the inner side of the buckle and the end -pieces. Post pictures I am sure someone with knowledge would chime in.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I'll chip in.....the hands do look odd, but they also kind of fit the Tag/Zodiac funky hands vibe of the late 80's early 90's. I'd like to see what's inside...

I think it's a really cool watch. I would probably replace the hands with a set from a Tag, I'd they prove not original.
Here is Picture of the movement! it seems to be a ETA DSC_0422.JPG

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Good one,as you might know already ETA 2824 is a reliable work horse movement. It also responds well to self adjustments through that micro adjustor on balance cock. ETA 2824 was manufactured in early '80s and onwards.Get it serviced and wear it with joy. I am sure the size is not below 38mm so would be fine.

By the way those end-links don't look like Rolex end-links.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes a like the watch and seems a bit interesting considering the history about the Heuer Monnin 844. I have not seen many watches that have the Georges Monnin logo it seems to be a rare find :)

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
Thank you for the correction. Now I see it has been manufactured first in 1972.
While there is only incidental parts commonality (screws, etc.) if at all, the design DNA contributed to the ETA 2824 from this 1950's movement - a very thin auto with an indirect drive - is unmistakeable.

The indirect drive feature enables the proximity of the mainspring barrel perimeter (and its teeth) to be decoupled from (and even penetrate) the conventional center pinion position. Some have used this to provide for a larger balance wheel in a small diameter package, others have used this in their efforts towards reducing movement height.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts