WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to crown and caliber, and they offered me $2200 for my Geosphere Bronze, LNIB, + a matching montblanc watch winder (which apparently on eBay is $850.00!)

What’s the deal? Is the value on these that bad? I would think that considering it was 7k...

·
Registered
789 Posts
Montblanc hold very poor value retention. You can find new older model watches going for 50-75% off at grey dealers.

You also have to factor in sites like C&C are going to flip your watch for a nice profit. They pay you $2,200 for the watch, and list for $3,500-$4,000. You'll have better luck selling the watch yourself and cut out the middle man.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Montblanc hold very poor value retention. You can find new older model watches going for 50-75% off at grey dealers.

You also have to factor in sites like C&C are going to flip your watch for a nice profit. They pay you $2,200 for the watch, and list for $3,500-$4,000. You'll have better luck selling the watch yourself and cut out the middle man.
Yup. While I understand buying to flip it when it comes to a dealer like C&C, I just did not expect THAT low, especially for a LE with a super nice winder too included.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Geosphere is a great watch, but its niche and non-mainstream (ie not a Rolex). C&C don't want anything that may sit around and need to be put on sale...hence the low offer. Don't take it as a knock on the MB...I did a couple of deals with C&C that went OK, but they also made me a couple sub $2K offers on some unusual watches that I had with retail prices well over $15K.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Geosphere is a great watch, but its niche and non-mainstream (ie not a Rolex). C&C don't want anything that may sit around and need to be put on sale...hence the low offer. Don't take it as a knock on the MB...I did a couple of deals with C&C that went OK, but they also made me a couple sub $2K offers on some unusual watches that I had with retail prices well over $15K.
They really are hot and cold on things it seems. Yet, their inventory is crazy - I see some pretty interesting stuff up on there...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They really are hot and cold on things it seems. Yet, their inventory is crazy - I see some pretty interesting stuff up on there...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Seems low to me, try another retailer....if 2-3 companies give you the same approx value, then probably that's the "trade-in" market price.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Seems low to me, try another retailer....if 2-3 companies give you the same approx value, then probably that's the "trade-in" market price.
Yeah - seems though most places are confusing the steel version with bronze... I keep getting things that most likely reflect the steel piece...

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
So I went to crown and caliber, and they offered me $2200 for my Geosphere Bronze, LNIB, + a matching montblanc watch winder (which apparently on eBay is $850.00!)

What’s the deal? Is the value on these that bad? I would think that considering it was 7k...
Wow. Scary news. Took me a long time to find one in the US when I finally got one. Thought I had done well buying it last year for $5200.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts