WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For lack of designated forum for the Gerard Perregaux I am posting my question here...

Can anyone please show me how do I release the stem from this movement?

its a Gyromatic HF 440 series

IMG_20190226_173315(1).jpg
IMG_20190531_072255.jpg
IMG_20190531_072359.jpg

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why don't you take it to a watchmaker?
Because all i need to do is remove a tiny dust flake the Watchmaker didn't see before he closed the case after a full service, and since all it takes is just to remove the movement and blow some air to fix this issue i see no point in driving 50km to the watchmaker.

·
Premium Member
7,261 Posts
I have no experience with this movement, but It looks like a push button sits in the notch of the winding bridge, adjacent to the stem and just left as you look at the movement with the crown up.

But I predict that you will end up with more dust than you remove.

Rick “not as easy as it looks to remove dust” Denney

Reactions: redcow

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
17,881 Posts
Correct. And before you do that, it is usually wise to pull out the stem into the setting position, otherwise on return, you risk getting the system jammed in a position where you are fully in with the stem but can only set the time.....

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you very much YuriyV and Hartmut Richter for your helpfully advice. After figuring out the two screws holding to movement I managed to remove the movement, clean the dial and inside of the glass and re-assemble it all back. Again, Thank you.

Can you please point me to the glass size/width?

Great weekend to all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts