WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a German or Swiss manual wind mechanical watch (with a Swiss movement) for under $400. Is that possible? I would like a simple dial and a black leather strap. I'm looking for something pretty classic that will never go out of style. Any recommendations would be appreciated. I'm guessing that this watch doesn't exist.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Depends what how German/Swiss you want it to be...

Precista PRS-53 from Timefactors. UK seller, design based on 50's Omega issued to Royal Air Force. Swiss Made. ETA 2801-2 manual wind. £135. Comes on a black NATO (watch has fixed bars), but a good black aviator strap is available for £12.50

I have the auto version, which I am very pleased with. Timefactors has a very good sales and service reputation. I had to wait less than 36 hours from order to delivery, albeit I am only about 130 miles away.

Good watch hunting.

·
Registered
749 Posts
If you go to under 500 stowa antea ks

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Hamilton Khaki Mechanical manual wind with ETA 2804 and Khaki Automatic with ETA 2824-2. The first approx. $200 and the auto between $300 and $400.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
O&W and Hamilton as mentioned. If you can swing a few more bucks check out Steinhart, excellent watches for the money.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hamilton Khaki Mechanical manual wind with ETA 2804 and Khaki Automatic with ETA 2824-2. The first approx. $200 and the auto between $300 and $400.
Thanks very much for the suggestion. I've looked all over the internet and I can't find the Hamilton Khaki Mechanical manual wind for close to $200. Do you have a specific retailer in mind?

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I second the Stowa. I believe the Antea creme can be had for under $500 shipped as well. I know it's over your budget, but just a beautiful watch.
The Antea creme and black are in fact $380 shipped, but they're automatic. I had the same thought when this topic first popped up, wrote a whole post with pics and all, and then realized my mistake :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
The Antea creme and black are in fact $380 shipped, but they're automatic. I had the same thought when this topic first popped up, wrote a whole post with pics and all, and then realized my mistake :)
Don't you have to add customs fees too? I'm not 100% sure, but I think they run like $75. Nevertheless the KS fits the bill!

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Don't you have to add customs fees too? I'm not 100% sure, but I think they run like $75. Nevertheless the KS fits the bill!
Ah, I'm in the Netherlands so I don't have to worry about those from Germany. But if that does apply to the US, yeah, it falls out of the range. Still I would recommend the Antea, no matter which style you would choose :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Ah, I'm in the Netherlands so I don't have to worry about those from Germany. But if that does apply to the US, yeah, it falls out of the range. Still I would recommend the Antea, no matter which style you would choose :)
I'm sorry, I swear I'm not an idiot but I honestly do forget sometimes that not everyone lives in my little world!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Wow! This has got to be one of the oldest thread revivals. Without looking at prices on EBay Laco,Junkers and Zeppelin come to mind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I am nine years late to this, but I happen to be looking for the same kind of watch, and I fell in love with the Glycine Incursore. Now I just need to come up with the money :) Here's one currently on eBay: NEW Glycine Men's Swiss Made Mechanical Hand Wind Sapphire Watch 3873.19SL
So late.
These sometimes show up previously enjoyed on watchrecon.com for a good bit less. You can set an alert for them. Hamilton Khaki mechanical is another that fits this thread, for about $225.

·
Registered
197 Posts
You could also buy a nice vintage chronograph with a Venus/landeron/Valjoux movement from a small maker for less than 400 bucks and they seem pretty nice.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts