WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Does anyone have a fix for a badly-kinked resin strap? I don't want to bend it against the kink in case the resin splits. Would heating it up in hot water help at all?

Thanks.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Hi. Does anyone have a fix for a badly-kinked resin strap? I don't want to bend it against the kink in case the resin splits. Would heating it up in hot water help at all?

Thanks.
Boiling it would definitely flatten it out. I don't know how boiling may effect older resin that may crack already, but I know from boiling my mudman that it makes it flat. I know some people have boiled them around objects to maintain a little bit of a curve, but it seems to reform to your wrist after wearing a few times.

·
Registered
100 Posts
To reshape my straps I take the strap off the watch and form it around a measuring cup with a rubber band and boil it for a minute or so. It puts a nice curve in the strap that lasts.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay - sounds a bit left-field but the picture helped convince me! I'll give it a try.

Thanks, guys.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, works great. Just put the kinked bit in a small bowl of boiling water and left it, bent against the kink, for about a minute. It was then soft enough to gently re-shape and now it's fine!

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts