WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, I was going to buy a Getat Panerai homage watch, and decided to get a Parnis Portuguese Power Reserve first instead as a 'trial' of sorts of these chinese mechanicals.

When I received it though I was very less than impressed with the noise the rotor makes and I made a comparative video between a manbush portuguese homage and a $20 EYKI watch from ebay...

manbushijie rotors - YouTube

so I'm wondering what the rotors are like with Getat's movements? Is it much the same story for his watches, and pretty much all chinese Marina Militare watches? whether it be manbush, wenping or getat... Or is it just pot luck as to whether you get one that is acceptable or unbearably loud?

Here is a link to the getat I'm thinking about...

GETAT WATCH CO. - pilot watch, marina watch, 6497 6498 movement,Custom made watch, Case set, Watch acessories

·
Registered
779 Posts
You are generalizing a known "trait" of the ST25 to all chinese made movements. As I told you in your previous thread, my other chinese mechanicals are nearly silent, only my power reserve is loud.

I can barely hear my sub homage with my ear pressed against it, let alone when it's on my wrist, and I think it is safe to say that most automatic movements other than the ST25 you'll find in homage watches are just as quiet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi im totally new in this forum and i was looking for 45mm pam00292 homage watch. And this forum was suggested to me. So, is there any official website of getat or direct communication tools between us except this forum?
Regards

1 - 4 of 4 Posts