WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to relay my personal impressions of dealing with Tat so far... I discovered Tat from a source outside of Useek, so did not have access to this knowledge store prior to submitting my order. I actually discovered useek while looking for more info on Tat--I didn't receive a purchase confirmation for 3 days and had become concerned that he may no longer be in business. Tat's website is still a bit of a mystery to me. I wanted to order a truly custom watch, but did not find as many options for each component as I would expect, so opted for a pre-built model with some tweaks. There is STILL some question in my mind that I will get exactly what I am expecting. After I submitted my order on the website it took 3 days to receive Tat's invoice to pay through Paypal. The invoice did not have order details, that came shortly after I paid via Paypal. I do have a question, which I emailed Tat on to hopefully clarify details of the watch. I am hoping that communication becomes more regular now that I have paid, but I expect several days is simply what it is--so I will be patient. I am hoping to receive the watch by Sept 30(birthday)... Any bets one way or the other? I will post photos once it gets here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It did finally arrive, I had posted a response some time back with pictures but cannot find it now. Anyway, it arrived with wrong strap color(I actually liked the strap color that came--matched the vintage lume nicer, BUT was not what I ordered. ) Within a week, the watch fell off my wrist(in the car on my lap luckily), the screws holding the strap pin in just came out--again I was lucky that I found the screw and was able to reattach with lock-tite to hold it in place for good. I recommend doing this to all your screws if you get one. Last issue I had was that after a few weeks that watch would only set in one direction, every once in a while I can set the time back but generally have to set it forward. I contacted Tat, as I had my eye on another watch from him. I proposed that he give me a discount on my follow-up order, which he offered 10%. I countered with 50% off, but he would not budge. I felt my offer was fair considering the issues--oh well, I did not and will not order again from him. Now for the good. I wear the watch a LOT, every other day probably. I am careful, but know I have caught the crystal a few times and so far not a scratch. The strap really is impressive!!!! Looks better with time as it gains character. Mine is PVD and so far no fading or scratches. Last but not least this watch is VERY accurate. I have on a few occasions kept it wound for a week and both times it gained about 10 seconds in the entire week, which is very impressive! If you decide to buy, hope you have a positive experience--I'm afraid Tat is really just hit or miss and he isn't too concerned when he misses.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts