WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have been lurking on this site for a little while and it is a great place to find information. I do have a couple of questions I haven't seen addressed in any other threads so I wanted to see if you could help.

My fiancee is going to get me my first "Real Watch" as an engagement/wedding gift. I have done quite a bit of searching and I really like the look and feel of the Baume & Mercier Classima line. Specifically I have had my eye on The 8732 and the 8833 (shown below).

So that is the style I like. I want something with a bigger size (~42, but I'm open to suggestions outside of 42), metal bracelet, with a clean and classy look to it. I would like to be able to wear it anytime but a little more on the dressy side.

So my main question is, with a budged that is going to be about $1k-2k (and I have found these both around $2k) does anyone have any suggestions of watches I may have overlooked that match the description?

Thanks in advance!

Cooonger

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Longines Master Collection is the obvious one.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Unless you have a massive wrist, a 42mm watch worn in a "dressy" manner will simply look like bling.

·
Registered
257 Posts
When I read, "I would like to be able to wear it anytime" I think dressy-diver (if you believe there is such a thing). For your price range you cannot go wrong with Omega, especially if you are willing to look at the secondhand market.

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
Congrats! And welcome. Pre Owned Omega Aqua Terra, STOWA Marine Original (If you can wait), Longines Masters Collection. Those B&M's are nice too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts