WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been drooling over all ther PAW1300's I've seen lately. So what's the difference between a 1300 and a 1300G? Both have module 3070. Noticed that the 1300 is slightly less $$.

thanks,

robert

·
Registered
227 Posts
Slight color variances, but when it comes down to it.....the 1300G ships set up with strap-adapters and two straps for use with said adapters. The remainder of the 1300 line either comes on resin (1V, 3V) or Ti (T).

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Slight color variances, but when it comes down to it.....the 1300G ships set up with strap-adapters and two straps for use with said adapters. The remainder of the 1300 line either comes on resin (1V, 3V) or Ti (T).
Right on. The 1300G has the adapters, and will usually come with two different straps to use (one is a stretchy material). You can then fit any 24mm Zulu/Rhino type strap to it if you choose (as long as it's a 3-ring setup...not a 'Nato' style).

The Ti version is probably the most expensive. With the 1300G, you could also probably source the resin straps and pieces to convert it if you didn't like the straps available.

·
Registered
471 Posts
With the 1300G, you could also probably source the resin straps and pieces to convert it if you didn't like the straps available.
but u cant do it the other way round since casio didnt sell the strap adapter :rodekaart

but if u get 1300G and wanna get additional resin band, u need to spend around usd45 for it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are the Protrek adapters that come with the 1300G different from the 'normal' G-shock adapters that are used on the 5600,6600,6900? I have a couple of sets of those already.

robert

·
Registered
227 Posts
As far as I know, yes, the Pathfinder/ProTrek adapters are different.

It is also apparently true that Casio does not sell the adapters from the 1300G separately. However, if one decides to go the 1300-3V route then you can use a set of PRG-110 adapters.

http://www.tiktox.com/tools---watch-accessories/p1749.htm

When someone gets really excited, they'll get the green adapters, RIT them black and then use them on some of the other models.

There are at least a few good threads that discuss this option.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Big :-! to everyone for helping. This thread, though simple, is a great example of how we all pitch in to help each other out.

And nice mod job with the black straps and gold buckle :). It will go with the gold caeback well.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I also want to thank everyone for helping out.

I joined this forum in March of '06 and I can say that the G-Shock forum on WUS has got to be THE best forum on the net. I dropped out for awhile and now I'm back to the G's.

Made a swing by Sam's club after work and found a Pathfinder 1200, I think. Did not have my glasses and the sales lady could not find the model *. lol

It wasn't a 1300G though, only $162 USD.

Anyway, my wife lost her job today so my watch purchases are on hold for awhile until I can sort things out. I was hoping to get one by Father's Day. (Like I need another watch, righ?) It' s free to look and I enjoy the hunt also. :-!

cheers, guys

robert

1 - 9 of 9 Posts