WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, I know the GS-1000 was pretty hot when it first came out, some (including me) were turned off by lack of backlight. With the addition of black IP and blue dial versions, this line is certainly attractive, there's no denying it.

Anyone own one of these GS-1000 models for a decent amount of time and care to comment on pros and cons?

thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have had one for a few months. Great watch. I do not really mind the lack of a backlight. The lume is OK-not nearly in the Seiko Monster league, but ok. I purchased the all black version, the face of the watch is so nice looking and the case is so solid I think it would be a fantastic dress watch. However, the sturdiness and looks of the case feel really out of place when matched with the very flimsy rubber strap that comes with it. A heavy black steel braclet would make this watch really shine.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I agree with arizzo it has a lume of an analog watch because that's what it is. The other con is the rubber stap too thin. The pros is the look of the watch KILLER|>

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've owned this for 8 months. From the very beginning, the lume last at most 20 minutes - this after being exposed to a bright halogen light nearby for about 30 minutes.

I love the rubber strap, softer than other Geiz models. Otherwise I love everything about it, I may even get the new model with the blue face.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts