WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those interested:

over the weekend I spotted blue GIEZ GS-1100 (blue model) at Sears Canada for 349.99 it was on 30% sale that brings it down to 245 + 14% tax = 279.30 for those interested.

I almost took a plunge but I'm still on preorder list for new frog for 300 so I had to pass.

Happy hunting.

Cheers! :-!

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was actually NOT shopping for a Watch but since I was at Sears I decided to check it out. Beware thou that I had to go to 2 different Sears locations that day (don't ask...) and one had one in stock other location had none... (slod out or not avaliable at all locations I du not know).

I'm located on Ontario Canada and I'm NOT in Toronto so good luck.

P.S.

As I stated earlier if it's not for a fact that I preordered forggy from casiosales andservice I'd snatch it in a hurry.

Happy hunting! :-!

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Sheesh...check out this price, although you do need to pay an extra $10 to join first. Still a great price...might be worth going in with a few mates and buying a a couple of watches each with 30 days...

http://cheap-wholesale-watches.com/...id=1000&prevaction=search&previd=&prevstart=0
Wow, that is cheap. And with the Canadian dollar worth more than a Greenback, a canuck could get it for even less! The Sears price is a bit high considering the strength of our dollar.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree 100% that sears price is too high especially considering the strength of the dollar. But than again that's Sears... well known in Canada for "inflate the price, call it a sale 30% to sell close to regular price"...

The only thing going for Sears is their INCREDIBLE return policy. Basically if it breaks within a year you bring it back and either get your money back or exchange.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Welll....... Sears USED to be like that... Lately they've been getting harder to deal with...

I wouldn't recommend buying anything from them anymore.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I can check Belleville (its a couple hours away...) How about the catalog?

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Persistance does pay off:) I decided to visit The Bay at Yorkdale mall to personaly check out their stock. Turns out, they had 2 blue faced GS-1100's in stock even though the sales girl had told me they didn't carry that model over the phone when I had called a few days ago. Paid 285 tax in for it. The blue face looks alot better in person than it does in picts:-!

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Persistance does pay off:) I decided to visit The Bay at Yorkdale mall to personaly check out their stock. Turns out, they had 2 blue faced GS-1100's in stock even though the sales girl had told me they didn't carry that model over the phone when I had called a few days ago. Paid 285 tax in for it. The blue face looks alot better in person than it does in picts:-!
I'd be keen to see some real life shot (including wrist) of this model since I can't recall anyone posting that here. :think:

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
You must have missed them, I posted when I received mine. Here they are again.

Sorry for the blur. (hope I'm allowed to mention this here) I was trying to sell it a while back and it's on the FS board. If anyone wants it just PM me.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
You must have missed them, I posted when I received mine. Here they are again.

Sorry for the blur. (hope I'm allowed to mention this here) I was trying to sell it a while back and it's on the FS board. If anyone wants it just PM me.
Thanks...I don't remember seeing them, but my memory's screwed. :-s

Wouldn't mind seeing some more in full focus though. :p

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Now why would you want them in focus? :)

I'll try to take some tonight and put them up.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I like it fine I just now have an MTG-1000 which pretty much does the same things plus some.

Seems there's little interest in it though so I figure I'll end up keeping it which isn't all bad. It's my only blue watch.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I like it fine I just now have an MTG-1000 which pretty much does the same things plus some.

Seems there's little interest in it though so I figure I'll end up keeping it which isn't all bad. It's my only blue watch.
You were trying to sell the 1000?

I'd be interested in a comparison between all the MRG, MTG and Giez models you have as far as looks and construction quality...it's very hard to get a real idea from Casio pics etc.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts