1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Thanks for the pics :-!, I still prefer my GS-1000 better. I really don't see the huge benefit this new movement provides as compared to the standard Giez movement which is also shock resistant. I have never had any of the hands of my watch be out of sync even with some heavy use and abuse.

·
Registered
471 Posts
the internal parts are seriously high tech... probably bought it to be appreciated, not wore :D

·
Registered
275 Posts
Heck, what ever the technology - from what I read they are getting thinner and that's something I like!
Jurphaas :)

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hope the Oceanus version will look nicer. Can't wait to see the chronos. :)

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Personally I dont see what the hoopla is all about, all this new tech doesent help if you cant get a signal, nice pics btw Adam.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I LIKE IT ALOT! The 9AJF, with red date wheel will be a must have for me.Adam thanks for posting the pics I have not been able to find any myself. :-!
Regards Steve

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The official specs for the GS-1200 are 49.6×46.0×14.1mm・87.0g so it's similar to the GW-1500. BTW, does anyone know if it's a screwback? TIA :)

·
Registered
946 Posts
i'd say the chances of it being a screwback are about 99.99%.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thks smitty. 87g seems a little light for a screwback but all the new Giez have been screwbacks so far. Wonder if all the old Giez were screwbacks as well?

·
Registered
803 Posts
I wonder what 'W R N Y' stands for?
The dial on this one is confusing.
+1. The red meter looks silly. I might get it if it didn't have that.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I just got a Giez 1100 yesterday and although I love the looks of the watch and the tidiness of it I firmly believe that a G Shock should have some sort of digital display as well as analogue, the Giez will be my first and very last foray into analogue G's without digital display.

·
Banned
223 Posts
I take it that for all the talk about the new Giez watch, this particular one is only sold in the orient, possibly just Japan. Seems like every selling reference to it is related to some Japanese only site.

I have to admit, this is an interesting (and pricey) G-Shock. It would be kind of wierd to have one without any digital output showing.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I take it that for all the talk about the new Giez watch, this particular one is only sold in the orient, possibly just Japan. Seems like every selling reference to it is related to some Japanese only site.
A major source of my frustration at the moment. :-d

Jollymann said:
I have to admit, this is an interesting (and pricey) G-Shock. It would be kind of wierd to have one without any digital output showing.
Personally, I prefer it not having any digital display. As The Watch Report put it, this is a G-Shock dedicated solely to telling the time, and it does so really well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts