1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was thinking about pulling the trigger on this watch

images.jpeg

I love the speedmaster - bracelet combination but i have never heard of this brand before.
Luckily i live in Europe; it seems that it is a german company?

Does anyone have experience with this specific watch or with the brand?
Some pictures would be good too; there's only about 5 pictures of this watch and no wristshots whatsoever
I'm scared that it will wear big; I have 7" wrists but i'm used to 38-40mm watches.
Really wish they made a smaller version (this one is 43mm)

- Exer

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hi!

I had a Gigandet Sea Ground automatic watch (hommage of Rolex Submariner) and it was a very good watch for its price.

I've only read good things about Gigandet considering what they cost.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have a 43mm Sea Ground and a 42mm Minimalism chrono, both of them wear big, but they're satisfying on and very solidly built. No idea what movement they use for the Volante but the chrono on the Minimalism is a catch-up chrono with a lap function.

IMG_20180118_201837.jpg

IMG_20180118_202652.jpg

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see; nice pictures!

I was also considering the alpha speedmaster but after seeing the review of Perth Watch on youtube...
It just looks like a very badly finished knockoff with a somewhat prestigious movement slapped inside.
So i decided to pick the Gigandet instead of the giant Omega brick :D

Any idea about the bracelet quality?

·
Registered
410 Posts
The Sea Ground came with a really good (and heavy) oyster style bracelet, solid links throughout without any slop between the lugs, and the Minimalism came with a very high quality leather band, so they don't seem to skimp there.

As for Alpha, yeah, I bought a Pepsi GMT just to scratch an itch, and it's not bad, but clearly not a high quality piece, even if I've been very impressed with the timekeeping.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I've been curious about Gigandet as well. They have one chrono clocking in at 46mm!!!

A nice looking one, but TDB for me.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Indeed; i don't get why most brands tend to make chronographs so darn big.
Makes it seem so much less refined & classy.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I have a couple of Gigandet's in the watch box and have found them to be well built, fun to wear watches (for the price).
I'd urge you to shop around a bit as the prices for them vary considerably with a couple of the on line sellers occasionally running sales on the various models.

P1020340.jpg

P1010679.jpg

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
_DSC9882-border.jpg
Gigandet Speed Timer G7-008

1 - 11 of 11 Posts