WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm looking for some information regarding a vintage watch that I purchased recently and had an unfortunate accident soon after buying it.

Ginebras 1.JPG Ginebras 2.JPG

What I know about the watch is that it is 0 j circa 1950s made by R Lapanouse (Ginebras). Despite the fact that it is 0 j, and really isn't a true chronograph, I admire the patina of the dial and it was keeping great time prior to the accident, so I am looking for some help in trying to get it back up and running.

I was carrying a box into my house and the watch hit the door molding as I was walking through, causing the entire movement to pop out of the case and fall to the ground. Luckily, the dial was unscathed, but it seems that the accident trashed the hairspring in the balance wheel.

Can anyone suggest a way of procuring parts for this timepiece or suggest a watchmaker in the NYC area that deals with vintage watch repair?

Thanks in advance!

Matt

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Find your movement here (link below) under search/keyword 'Rego' (= Lapanouse) and then either cal. 144, 145 or 147. Perhaps that helps as additional information. These movements are very simple and mass products in their time (especially the normal movements, but also the chronos), which should make any repair a lot easier.

bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
I don't think that there are more or less true chronographs. A chronograph is a watch with a stopwatch function, and this on quite obviously is that. True, it's one of these rather cheap simple pin-levers, but it's still a chronograph.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts