WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everybody!

I am not very accustomed with watches mechanics and i need some help. My question is - is this GP authentic or not? thanks!

67084900_1_1000x700_ceas-girard-perregaux-mecanic-vintage-alba-iulia.jpg 67084900_2_1000x700_ceas-girard-perregaux-mecanic-vintage-fotografii.jpg

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,154 Posts
To elaborate: the dial states "Girard-Perregaux" - but that alone means little since dials can be faked easily. The movement says "Girard-Perregaux" - but the quality of the etching is so poor that it is quite obvious that it was done in a backyard outhouse or garage (presumably somewhere in Argentina or the Ukraine). The overall finissage of the movement is so factory-standard that only a dreamer of a buyer or a b*****d of a seller would (make) believe that this was manufactured by GP.....

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much , especially Hartmut Richter for further information. I suspected that there is something fishy about the watch, but it wasn't certain for me. Meanwhile I found a new GP which I'm 90%sure it is authentic. 52232409_2_1000x700_girard-perregaux-ceas-mecanic-fotografii.jpg 52232409_1_1000x700_girard-perregaux-ceas-mecanic-satu-mare.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The seller offers this bonus strap (most likely it's a handmade one) .I think it matches very well with the watch :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts