WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Tudor watch from Girard's a couple of months ago. I received the watch and it was damaged. Supposedly the watch had worked when it left his shop. It's possible it was damaged in shipping, but the way they secured it I don't see that happening. I called Girard's and spoke to Kristi. She apologized and told me to send the watch back and she would send a similar watch that she "knew worked". I sent the watch back and several days later I received what looked to be the same exact watch. Fine not a problem I wore it for a day or two and all seemed fine. That was until the watch started to lose 30 minutes a day. I called back and spoke to Kristi. I asked her if the watch was serviced before it left their store. She claimed it was, but due to it being a vintage watch they couldn't guarantee accuracy. I have dozens of a vintage watches and all are within movement spec deviations. After E-mailing them again I haven't heard back from them in over a month.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just spoke to my watch maker and it will cost more to fix the watch than I paid for it. The watch needs a complete overhaul as it was severely damaged. I like the watch enough that I am going to get it fixed.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Have you called them back after receiving the information from your watchmaker? I wouldn't bother with e-mails, considering they aren't replying to them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts